• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll Cage + Front Bench Seat, Ever Been Done?

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Hello, I have my front bench in now and to make things a bit more difficult for my future roll cage plans, I made some brackets to set it back 2-3" and recline it 1". It's really comfy now and I'm liking it a lot, but I'm going to need to squeeze a cage in there too at some point. Its going to change my cage plans pretty drastically and I'd like to see if anyone else has done this. Probably not enough people put themselves in this situation, but I thought I'd take a stab in the dark. Thanks

mainsail09

Contributor
Loc.
Tuscaloosa
Just finished my install of a San Felipe cage and had to move the bench forward slightly. The back is a little steeper than i would like as it is wider than the cage and rests there. Overall, when safety is considered it is a good tradeoff. This wasn't an issue with bucket seats but wanted the bench so my grandchildren could sit beside me.

OP
OP
tabyers

tabyers

Loc.
Indiana
Thanks for that link, I have been to that site before but was looking at the half cab stuff. That one looks like exactly what we're going to have to do. Not a bad look either. I really dislike those ones that have main hoop bent the other way, were it's all cocked back at an angle. (Wouldn't do the bench any good anyway). Do you have any concerns about the strength of those kits with the two piece hoops over getting some bent locally?

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Do you have any concerns about the strength of those kits with the two piece hoops over getting some bent locally?

I don't. Plus I plan to add the overhead tubes. Heck, I'll probably get all the options and pimp it out......

Tim