• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Saying hello (again)

camucsb

Hey CB,

I've been a member of this group for the better part of a decade, but embarrassed to say that I have also been inactive for the better part of a decade. I bought my 1966 Wagon back in 2008, but life immediately seemed to get the better of me, and the bronco has sat unloved and unattended through a couple of moves, job changes, graduate school, and a few other things.

Some pieces fell into place where I finally have to bring the Bronco back home, and start giving it some love. I just picked it up from Santa Barbara yesterday, and will have it back in the North Bay (CA) tomorrow. At this point I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and paralyzed with possibilities, which is awesome. I've always dreamed of doing a frame-off restoration, but that might be a bit too ambitious for Day 1, so I will just start with getting it cleaned up and running again.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and get reacquainted. I'm sure I'll be bothering you all with technical questions before too long. If you have any suggestions for strategic places to start, I'd love to hear it.

Oh, and here's a picture:
preview" width="640" height="480"

Last edited:

Idahorocks

Loc.
Spring, Texas
Welcome back. Nice Bronco. I’d agree that you should get it running reliably and safely first. Enjoy it until you’re satisfied with your jr vision of what you want it to be. I’ve been battling the urge to dive into the deep end on mine but I’ve found just getting roadworthy has been very enjoyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
No bother at all.. Welcome back and congrats on the score..

Kalex

Contributor
Welcome back. Had a similar situation where I let mine sit too long after building it. Like you, life just happened. Anyway, I started with the obvious on mine. Fluids, hoses, belts, the basics. It leads to everything else in a hurry. Once you get it running/driving and get that permanent grin on your face I am sure your vision of what you want will become more clear.

Also, I am in the North bay so feel free to reach out.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
ugh. Just what we need--another "newby" throwing questions out here....

lol. Welcome back! Get it done!