• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Radiator Coolant/Washer Combo tank - Mounting

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I love the fender bolt idea. But to make sure it fits all broncos holes you could oblong shape those bolt holes to allow for variances in different broncos :). By the way. About what price range are these little gems gonna be?

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Cool, that makes sense to me. Here is a version that we are going to test soon.

Man I'd love to have that program/ sketch. I'm bored here in South Korea, I've already made the Explorer distributor adaptor for a 351w. Keep up the good work J!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is that thing offset just enough to slip a spare quart of oil behind it?;)
Gotta' multi-task with this limited real estate dontcha know...

Paul

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is that thing offset just enough to slip a spare quart of oil behind it?;)
Gotta' multi-task with this limited real estate dontcha know...

Paul

i tried that on a snowmobile once. pulled off the trail to take some pics etc. turn around and notice big black spot under the sled. the quart had vibrated a hole into itself and leaked all over.....

Hank

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
The guy cutting them is flaking on me. I want to get a few test pieces cut so I can try them on a few local Bronco's before I send them out.

I'm heading out to pull a part today for a hydro boost and am going to pick up a tank, put me on the list....I promise I'll get it installed.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I'm heading out to pull a part today for a hydro boost and am going to pick up a tank, put me on the list....I promise I'll get it installed.

Sounds good Mike. We can use yours as the test case for the bracket.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
I'm curious what everyone expects to pay for a bracket like this? The R&D cutting is more expensive than we originally thought so we are working on different vendors to get that cost down. That being said, what is the price point most are looking at...being realistic.

guidoverduci

Loc.
NorCal
I think around $20 range is more than fair depending on finish. I'm probably even over shooting... but you can put me first in line! HA

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I say look at your costs, put your markup on it and put the price out there. Shipping on top of that.

My .02.

I am very interested as my tank mount is totally hillbilly.

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Sorry guys, I can't even get them cut and bent for $20. I'll make a few and put a price on them. If they don't sell, oh well because this isn't something that has been easy to do. I'll update soon

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
$20??? Seriously?Look at the MORE and Metal cloak ARB twin mount for the JK. They are not any more complicated than this. Powder coated, I would pay $50 for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

ChrisC74

Sorry guys, I can't even get them cut and bent for $20. I'll make a few and put a price on them. If they don't sell, oh well because this isn't something that has been easy to do. I'll update soon
You have done a lot of leg work on this. I think the design is great and there is a need. I would throw out a price whatever it ends up being and gauge demand. Then figure half who say they want it may drop out.

It is great that you want to keep the costs down but there are a lot of us who can not fabricate it or it makes sense to pay to have it done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I was gonna guess in the $40 range. I've done some things before and costs are always twice what you think they might be. Heck it cost me $6 each to get those simple flat key chain things cut, no bending involved.
Here is a thought, what if they were cut and you left the bending part to the buyer?? Might help keep cost down?
I'm still in just because of the fact they look great you've done the leg work and I understand paying for all that. So thanks for keeping in it!