• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Doghows LUBR build (Update 3/20/17)

OP
OP
doghows72

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Yup just shy of 32" tall. I haven't done an exact MPG yet but rough guesstimate is high teens maybe even low 20's. I need to get my gps out and test it. I think my speedo is off due to the tire size change.
I drive it daily to and from work about 15 miles each way and I only have to get gas every 3 weeks. Yes I do have a 23 gallon tank. ;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, my commute is 95 miles, so have time to put some good numbers together!
I'm just trying to make sure I'm filling the tank consistently so I can get accurate and consistent numbers. Which is not always easy with these things.
That seems like a perfect diameter tire for that engine/trans and some 4-series gears.

Street only and moderate speeds some 4.11's might be the ticket. Higher speeds might actually like lower gears better. Kind of counter-intuitive initially, but with all the wind you're pushing in an EB, getting the rpm up can actually be a benefit.

Paul

OP
OP
doghows72

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Right now I'm stuck between 4:56 and 4:88. According to the gear calculators online with my tire size and trans gears and me wanting to turn around 2100rpm at 65 I fall right in between those two!?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, if your engine pulls real strong at the lower rpm, then the 4.56 seems like a good choice. But as they say, "don't fear the gear" and not very many are complaining about having gone too low.
But either way is not a big deal I don't think. What's the difference in rpm, maybe 200? That's not really that much in the overall scheme of things.

Good luck. As I've said before, it's almost as hard as choosing a color to paint the body!

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Right now I'm stuck between 4:56 and 4:88. According to the gear calculators online with my tire size and trans gears and me wanting to turn around 2100rpm at 65 I fall right in between those two!?

Do some Crawling... 4.88s... :)

OP
OP
doghows72

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I'm leaning to those. I'm selling my hot rod and gonna be looking for a second Bronco. Probably a cut half cab to make a trail rig out of. Not as knarly as my first but a capable one.

Geniusloerts

They are 17x7. I'm pretty sure they are 3 3/4 BS but I'll measure them to be sure. I had the centers machined out to fit the bronco hub but there is plenty of meat to do it. They fit perfect right now so just got to get the right tire on them.

How much did you have to machine out on the wheels?