• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield Chrome Question

BRONCITIS74

Contributor
Just found out what a pita it is to install the windshield into the seal. Anyway, it's done and started putting the chrome strips on. The bottom one is in and when it came to the sides, I'm not sure if the side goes over or under the bottom strip. I looked at pictures that I had and couldn't tell. I hope one of you guys can help, and a picture would be great. Thanks in advance...Mike

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Over at the bottom
446c508be2e41f0a6cb9b57330c6b7e4.jpg

Under at the top
efc58b6c01ea880c18b45bd72f0093c3.jpg

Attac

Contributor
Broncoitis
A 1/4" piece of rope is your best friend to put this type of glass in. I used my sons as helpers and we installed it in about 5 mins. As long as you have a helper it is super easy this way.
The Crome strips I have heard is a big pain depending on the window seal maker.
Chuck

OP
OP
BRONCITIS74

BRONCITIS74

Contributor
I will use the rope to install the windshield into the frame on the truck. Slowleak, is that sticker on your windshield a factory sticker? I really like it

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I will use the rope to install the windshield into the frame on the truck. Slowleak, is that sticker on your windshield a factory sticker? I really like it

There was a thread about those stickers a year or two ago. It's a factory sticker for later Broncos. Not sure what years. There were some for sale on eBay at the time so I snagged one.

luke

if you install the trim in the rubber around the windshield and then install it all at once it is much easier.

Attac

Contributor

Oh I misread that. I thought you meant putting the whole thing in. My seal went on the windshield easy but I didn't have the one with the slots for the crome. Me and Crome trim don't get along very well.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
if you install the trim in the rubber around the windshield and then install it all at once it is much easier.

Very very true! Lesson learned the hard way long ago. %)