• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

front lift

fastride

Loc.
Tuscaloosa,Alabama
I have a 74 half cab that is stock height but the front end sits a lot lower than the rear. I would like to level it out. What is the best way to do that. This is my wifes and she does not want a lift kit on it as everything on this is factory. Thanks

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Just new stock coils from the vendor could be all she needs. Or maybe coils for a winch like from BC.

PCDan

Loc.
Park City
I will look into the ones for a winch. Do you think the ones for a 1-1/2"-2-1/2" lift would be to much

You could put on a taller coil but would possibly need a longer shock.

You could also drop the rear if you have a tow rear leaf spring, like an add a leaf, by taking it out.

OP
OP
F

fastride

Loc.
Tuscaloosa,Alabama
I really to want to go any lower in the back so I will probably just put a set of springs for a winch or something like that. I would put a longer set of shocks on if I needed to. The bronco is totally factory so I would imagine that the front springs are probably collapsed

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Stock frame to axle tube measurement for front is 7". If coils are sagging, stock height coils might do the trick.

bteutsch

Mine has 1.5 inch coils in front factory springs in rear.
a6d79bcc31392dfe881ca2efb0bb5418.jpg

bteutsch

I liked the look of the black roadster that Jeffs Bronco Graveyard has. When I was putting mine back together I called them and told them I wanted mine to look like that one. They sent me everything I needed. I would call Bronco Graveyard and ask them about the shocks, I don't know if mine are a stock replacement or taller. If there is something I can measure for you, let me know.

68364a334a2db3e239becd7e23072675.jpg

OP
OP
F

fastride

Loc.
Tuscaloosa,Alabama
That one is also the height that I want. Yours looks good also. I am going to jack the front of mine up until it is level and then measure from top shock stud to bottom shock stud and then let it back down and do the same thing and that should get me a starting point.

jckkys

Bronco Guru
As you have learned the stock suspension is about 2" higher in the rear. The 2 EBs I bought new both had the nose down stance from the factory. Worn or sagging springs had nothing to do with it. I got some slightly heavier springs from Moog. The CC810 lifts the front about 1.0" and the CC814 lifts it 1.75". These are far less $ than the vendor's offerings and are progressive. I ran '78 Bronco springs that worked as well and cost even less. 20 bucks for the pair and are factory Bronco parts. The ride quality is the same because you sit on the rear leaves and the handling improved.