• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MX5 Bronco Miata/Baby Bronco

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Now I'm even more excited for FFF! This rig is amazing!

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Man I have been following this build since it started. This is going to be crazy! Just about any kid (or kid at heart) would love this thing! Can't wait to see it completed!

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Update 12/2/12

Well, now that the Bronco is done and I'm lining up a few new projects and have to get the kids Baby Bronco to a rolling chassis to go over to my friends house for wiring. 2 weeks is the goal. I'd like to have her a rolling chassis by Friday but that is a pipe dream. Next weekend is going to be a task. So anyways got all of the link brackets, lower links, and Panhard Bracket all tacked in. Next the top links, the rear air shocks, and chassis side panhard bracket, then on to the front. Both front and rear shocks are going to have to be mounted on the links but it's going to be so lite and the shocks will still be at the outer corners. Going to run a bar off the side X's behind the 3rd seat for the top mounts.

Ride Hieght
2012-12-02_00-38-15_985.jpg

2012-12-02_00-37-39_511.jpg

2012-12-02_00-38-59_259.jpg

2012-12-02_00-40-10_389.jpg

2012-12-02_00-39-45_858.jpg

2012-12-02_00-39-36_475.jpg

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

some wicked expensive parts going into that baby!! I like it!!:cool:

Building it to last forever. Last thing I want is my kids to break in the middle of nowhere. Only things I dropped the dime on though was the axles, Stak, and PSC Steering. Everything else I've picked up cheap on Pirate, Craigslist, or Copart. It will last for generations.

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
Building it to last forever. Last thing I want is my kids to break in the middle of nowhere. Only things I dropped the dime on though was the axles, Stak, and PSC Steering. Everything else I've picked up cheap on Pirate, Craigslist, or Copart. It will last for generations.

I like the fact that you plan to send your kids out in the middle of no where.;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well, now that the Bronco is done and I'm lining up a few new projects and have to get the kids Baby Bronco to a rolling chassis to go over to my friends house for wiring. 2 weeks is the goal. I'd like to have her a rolling chassis by Friday but that is a pipe dream. Next weekend is going to be a task. So anyways got all of the link brackets, lower links, and Panhard Bracket all tacked in. Next the top links, the rear air shocks, and chassis side panhard bracket, then on to the front. Both front and rear shocks are going to have to be mounted on the links but it's going to be so lite and the shocks will still be at the outer corners. Going to run a bar off the side X's behind the 3rd seat for the top mounts.

Lookin forward to some video of this thing in action... :cool:

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

I like the fact that you plan to send your kids out in the middle of no where.;D

lol I hope to have little convoys at the Con, Pismo, and Moab down the road. Would be an awesome experience. We have a great training ground with Hollister Hills in our back yard.

Lookin forward to some video of this thing in action... :cool:

Coming this spring. 4 year plan is a Cosworth Charger and Conversion to 2 Seater. :eek:

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Sweeeet. I hope you put some kind of governor on it or leave it in low range.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Sweeeet. I hope you put some kind of governor on it or leave it in low range.

Remote kill switch and the cable shifter is going to have to go behind the driver seat. As is the driver seat is going to have to be right up against the stearing wheel to clear the transfer case and front drive line. But ya low all the time.

OP
OP
houseofdiesel

houseofdiesel

Update 12/5/12

Finally starting to come together. Rear will be set tomorrow. Hopefully by this weekend I'll have a full roller. If not definitely by next weekend. Man the kids are going to have one hell of a time this coming spring.

IMG959496.jpg

IMG955668.jpg

IMG952055.jpg

IMG950634.jpg

IMG959765.jpg

Hank_

Bronco Guru
This is such a cool build. I will make sure my kids never come across this. I don't need to hear how neglected they were a children. :)

Henry