• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SOLD 1966 One Owner Bronco thinking of selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
ALL ORIGINAL 100% RUST FREE SPRINGTIME YELLOW U-14

I'm looking to recover my money, add a small profit and buy a new boat. I will pass this on to a serious buyer who wants a complete truck. I did source an original 1966 half top from a member here and it has been blasted and is epoxy primer. The entire rest of the truck is in original factory Springtime Yellow Ford paint. Clear Texas title. Front driver fender and rocker will need minimal straightening. Hubcaps are there. Bench seat has been restored in sourced OEM silver mink matchstick fabric. This bronco sat in a barn since 1984. Dry as they come and ready to take to the next level. This is a great original truck that can be made safe to drive quite easily or can be an awesome LUBR I'm in no hurry so no worries with time as it is stored in my climate controlled garage.

In a perfect world I would like to see it preserved as is, just my thoughts...

Attachments

• IMG_8906.JPG
    IMG_8906.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_8907.JPG
    IMG_8907.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 650
  • IMG_8912.JPG
    IMG_8912.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 631
  • IMG_8915.JPG
    IMG_8915.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_8687.JPG
    IMG_8687.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

clarrance

Bronco Guru
So you purchased it new? I can't image selling something that I've owned for 50+ years. What happened to the original top? Was the original top damaged in some way? Does the original top go with the sale of the bronco too?

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Here's the skinny on the Bronco and please, if you don't have anything intelligent or respectful to say than stifle yourself.
1. I acquired this Bronco from the original owner. It is still in his name, please don't school me on selling something that does not show my name on the title, as I am passing it on, as it is for reasons that make sense. Heck, I may still hold on to it. It is a very difficult decision as these types of Broncos are very difficult to find anymore...
2. The original owner swapped the half cab top for a full cab top at he dealership. This was in late 1965 and the dealership only had a few of each type of Bronco so they agreed to make the swap,he wanted a Bronco with a full top and a bulkhead for hunting purposes. The full top that was on the truck has been sold and it now sports an authentic period correct 1966 matching holes 1/2 cab top like the one that was on it when it left the factory.

Folks do from time to time sell things that they bought 50+years ago. They grow older, can't take them with when they leave this planet and sometimes don't want the children to have to fight over materialistic things. In this situation the owner passed it down to his Son who decided to part with it. I guess you could call it a two owner vehicle but to me it remains the Fathers Bronco, as the Son did not use it and it went directly into the barn in 1984. Yes it's an eyebrow Budd build and yes I will share the VIN

U14FL771341

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Here's the skinny on the Bronco and please, if you don't have anything intelligent or respectful to say than stifle yourself.

clarrance's post said nothing unintelligent or disrespectful

good luck with sale, I don't look forward to selling mine!

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
Oh, I was not in any way referring to Clarrance's post. I was hoping to have a positive experience with this post. His was legit but I know that there will be some doubters and haters on here that always chime in on my posts. They know who they are...

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
My bad, didn't realize you had a fan club ;D. Worst case you keep it, can't beat that.

Just so happens I'm going to buy a little fishing boat tomorrow, so I get it! Good luck bud.

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
I knew the usual suspect would chime in. %) I clearly stated that I did not need a lesson on title transfers. I would appreciate it if you would stay off of my threads. I'm asking you in a nice way.

EJ, I appreciate the offer but you are 1/2 way there. I have way more than $12,500 in it.

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
In Florida a title transfer that takes place after 30 days is susceptible to a $20 penalty. I'm happy to pay that if we do go past the initial 30 days. I wanted to keep the Bronco in the original owners name merely to show the potential new owner the title. If the Bronco should change hands I have no problem transferring into my name before the sale takes place...

Jaxgtc

I think you can do 2 transfers on the same title so you would not have to title it to you.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
I clearly stated that I did not need a lesson on title transfers

I think as a buyer, I would need lessons on a title transfer from state to state to avoid headaches on the long run.

OP
OP
Beer and Fish

Beer and Fish

Bronco Guru
holes in fenders

EJ,
With all due respect, I paid way more for the Bronco. Like I said before, you are half way there at $12,500 and $1000 closer at $13,500.

Lil Bronco,
The original owner was an avid hunter. He made special brackets that went on the front fenders that would allow a seat attachment over and across the hood for his hunting buddies to sit on and shoot game while he drove. I wish I had the brackets still. I do have a photo!

Attachments

• IMG_3815.jpg
    IMG_3815.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.