• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Questions about 1970 Sport originality

Pflyboy

Loc.
Brighton, Colorado
I have a mostly original 1970 Sport with Convenience Group that will be restored...well...mostly original. That said, I have a few questions regarding the '70 Sport options and other stuff. I did get a deluxe Marti Report before compiling these questions.

1. It looks as if the side trim was never installed. I am just curious if that was a delete option, or if the side trim has to be added, I thought the side trim was a standard part of the Sport package.

2. Did all sport have rocker trim? My rockers, lower front quarters, and lower rear fenders are all rusted out, telling me it probably had rocker trim.

3. What did the Convenience Group contain for 1970? From what I can tell, the standard models and Sport models have two different convenience groups, the Sport model adding only a map light and day/night rear view mirror. Is this correct?

4. Where did the map light go? There is no indicator of a map light that I can find.

5. There is a small chrome hook on the right side of the dash. Is this the coat hook I keep hearing about online?

6. The Marti report calls for parchment rosette seats, but the seat inserts in the truck are smooth. Though they really do look original to the truck, I'm assuming they have been replaced at one point. Is that a correct assumption? The rear seat is the rosette style.

7. Does anybody sell replica Sport floor mats? From what I can tell, no. The front floor mat extends to just behind the front seats, then the rear floor mat takes over from there.

Thanks for any input on these things. Being a mostly original truck, I feel it is worth the research before starting the project.

67RT

Bronco Guru
My 70
Sport has original paint and no sign of any trim at all. Mine does not have the convenience group.

House

Minutia Militia
From my perspective:
1. The side body trim was a separate line item on the options list
2. Rocker trim was separate also, should be on Marti Report if it came from factory
3. Maybe a Cigar Lighter also
4. Under the dash, a little left of center
5. The coat hook was on the roof line behind the B Pillar, not on the dash
6. Rosette is correct, smooth must be replacements
7. No, only the standard mat has been reproduced so far

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
ebad6a7aff2e5710d6a89bbdf3e1f585.jpg

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
7. Correct - no one makes a replica mat at this time.

Todd Z.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
From my perspective:
1. The side body trim was a separate line item on the options list
2. Rocker trim was separate also, should be on Marti Report if it came from factory
3. Maybe a Cigar Lighter also
4. Under the dash, a little left of center
5. The coat hook was on the roof line behind the B Pillar, not on the dash
6. Rosette is correct, smooth must be replacements
7. No, only the standard mat has been reproduced so far

I agree with this. The map light (I believe) was also a separate item on the option list. My '73 has the map light factory but my '72 did not have it. BUT it had the electrical already set up for it. It was real easy to install one in the '72.

OP
OP
P

Pflyboy

Loc.
Brighton, Colorado
Turns out the map light is indeed tucked up under the dash. I can't find a picture of the Bronco coat hook online, but even if this is a Bronco coat hook that was relocated to the dash, I don't think it came from this truck, as that seems to be a Ranger option, not a Sport option (???). But who knows. Thanks again, guys!