• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ocbr 2018

bchesley

When you go through Marshall go eat at the Big Pine on Caddo Lake. Google it, you will love the scenery. It sits in the middle of the largest cypress forest in the US. Tons of cool history about the lake too. First offshore drilling rig was on Caddo Lake. There is still an old arms manufacturing plant that dates to civil war times. You can even rent a cabin at the state park to cut the trip in half.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Today I reserved the number 39 spot at the park for a travel trailer. All my people said that they enjoyed being at the park enough to justify the difference in cost.

In case anyone is interested, huddlestonrvrentals.com seems to be good folks to work with. If you can pick up and drop of the trailer on your own it saves a couple hun and puts the total cost at not much more than RRI.

I'd encourage someone to get spot #38, but My sisters family might bring their fiver.

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And dad and I had a guy from Texarkana today wanting to look at some details on how the EB is put together. He's grew up around a bronco and recently bought one for himself and it's getting a complete resto. He'd never heard about OCBR and had only glanced at CB.com. He sounded like he may get his rig together in time for OCBR. We'll see.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Today I reserved the number 39 spot at the park for a travel trailer. All my people said that they enjoyed being at the park enough to justify the difference in cost.

In case anyone is interested, huddlestonrvrentals.com seems to be good folks to work with. If you can pick up and drop of the trailer on your own it saves a couple hun and puts the total cost at not much more than RRI.

I'd encourage someone to get spot #38, but My sisters family might bring their fiver.

I talked to the delivery driver last year, seemed pretty cool. he was asking me where the number was, since I know where david usually parks knew it had to be it lol

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I talked to the delivery driver last year, seemed pretty cool. he was asking me where the number was, since I know where david usually parks knew it had to be it lol

I think I remember you telling you talked to him. I hope David wasn't planning on getting 39 this year. I know he's already said he'd have the camper rig this year.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Where I park, it isn’t a “camp” site. I park next to them and dry dock. It’s close enough to the bathrooms to use them. I don’t need electricity, the camper is good for 3-4 days with out starting the truck. Around Friday I start it up and let the batteries recharge for a 1/2 an hour or so.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Remember you did it to yourself ;(

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I think I remember you telling you talked to him. I hope David wasn't planning on getting 39 this year. I know he's already said he'd have the camper rig this year.

I wouldn’t believe mr underoos ;D

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
My family is staying at a place down there, reservations made and everything but can't remember the name of it %)

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
For the last 48h its bin made clear to me by great Friends that I must show !

God willing ........

OK ... we are attending ! Looking forward to it ! :cool:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Driver seat open Anytime for ya brother..

Look forward to seeing y'all

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
For the last 48h its bin made clear to me by great Friends that I must show !

God willing ........

OK ... we are attending ! Looking forward to it ! :cool:

Good deal, hope to see you there!

My daughter is going to be driving a lot this year, it's time :)

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
So, for a newbie hoping to attend, what should I expect?

Trails - I'm not so concerned with. But what is expected weather so I might make an educated decision on where to stay. I'm ok with tent camping unless it stays above 80 all night. I've got to make it budget friendly so that may force my hand a little.

Thanks!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
This will be our 6th year to attend, we've never been cold or hair out of place due to the wind lol. We stay at the KOA or hotel on the south side of Hot Springs. The people and trails are great, the trail dust around the camp/pavilion and main roads in the park are extreme most of the time.

JSBX

Contributor
So, for a newbie hoping to attend, what should I expect?

Trails - I'm not so concerned with. But what is expected weather so I might make an educated decision on where to stay. I'm ok with tent camping unless it stays above 80 all night. I've got to make it budget friendly so that may force my hand a little.

Thanks!

Gets a little dusty at times. especially if the ride in front of you has turned down exhaust. Just a minor in convince for such a great time. Some good wrap around sun glasses helps.

JSBX

Contributor
Good deal, hope to see you there!

My daughter is going to be driving a lot this year, it's time :)

I was going to bring a few extra sets of hubs in case you run out but if your daughter is going to be driving you probably want need them ;D;D;D