• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3rd Bronco's a Charm!

NashBronco

Loc.
Flowood, MS
Cool story. So I purchased my first bronco in 1997 when I was 15. Found it in the local wheels and deals magazine. I still remember going and picking it up at his house like it was yesterday. Bought it for $5K and it was in great condition. My dad and I spent countless hours working on it and it's one of the fondest memories I have of my youth. It was a 1970. Unfortunately, I burned up the motor, hit a tree and it got parked in the back forty for several years. Eventually we sold it off.

My second Bronco was a 1974. I purchased it in 2004 off eBay. I was in college and this was my second vehicle and along came a pretty girl.....and the time came to purchase a ring so I put her up on eBay and sold it in 2006nfor $3K more than I bought it for. I knew I wanted another one some day but along came kids (3 of them) and time passed by.
Occasionally I looked and kicked tires but knew that the "stage of life" wasn't right.
I found this site in 2013 and the fire got started again. I also found this guy named Chris (Bajafresh75) who seemed to really know the bronco market. I messaged him and low and behold he responded and let me know he sold me my first Bronco back in 1996. Fast forward to........

My third bronco. Last week I purchased an 1967 original uncut bronco from Chris. She needs plenty of work but she runs a drives. I had been seriously looking for 9 months. I wanted something uncut, minimal rust and original. Chris didn't disappoint. My son is 10 and we spent several hours today tinkering around with it. Really looking forward to that time.

Happy to be a Bronco owner once again,

Houston

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 139

slim811

Contributor
Back in the saddle! Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billd987

Welcome back. It's great that you're getting the next generation addicted also!

OP
OP
NashBronco

NashBronco

Loc.
Flowood, MS
Thanks guys. Good to be back. It is awesome. I plan on taking my time and just fix things as they come up. Disk Brakes and power steering are top on the list. I have a feeling a transmission is going to be needed. It whines pretty loud when I put it in third gear. Oh the joys....

Aliracer

Loc.
Iowa
Looks like you have a good Bronco to work with! Enjoy the new memories and thanks for sharing the reflection of your past history / memories in an EB!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks guys. Good to be back. It is awesome. I plan on taking my time and just fix things as they come up. Disk Brakes and power steering are top on the list. I have a feeling a transmission is going to be needed. It whines pretty loud when I put it in third gear. Oh the joys....

Good plan, make it safe for the family. Good luck

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sometimes life never provides "the right time", and you just have to decide to go forward and make it happen. Things do have a way of working out. So glad you have the opportunity to enjoy another Bronco. The memories you will make will be ones you and your family will treasure forever. Congrats, and keep us posted!