• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

¡2017 NORRA Mexican 1000!

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
There's a lot of rumors about some exciting news coming out possibly this week. May down and back? ;D

The 50th anniversary of the NORRA Mexican 1000 looks to be an awesome adventure! :cool:

I've already started prep work on the Bukin'eer and really looking forward to another stellar time with the Bromigos!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Installed a new belt and all new tension & idler pulleys as a first stage race prep

4jt-u_Wg-j9a4lrPfgiENJ4vMuMhSPb6SeWJZ-edW3LbwR0LgSKLtautkgIQQodYXIyzDfuZqQMXcAwIX_FUR1xHdtFtAmvr2K8kzhQQ_ruNdPjtfwFz76EX_hpK6gFICVdQPaExFHCuOR168aMPtRJ7b8eWkO1sv-AhagOVrwInsDHWvxDxyEAIgrViSxqJBl8ikVW1cW4JDZNhnx_oukw15Ak9EsxFRFrWSTwwC6O5numLiEGqvI0N29nlTU7ueHQuS79BwDGv0h4cXO2Eyo8-XHBL1g8VneDjV5o1rxqyy7800cgS3Lb-V7N8nQH2Ph2ujoxt0izCffZswpfqZaYbmu9jv6dbumxVy78okriELwqkzpwWBc1ZSrNI7OdTWhPamOEvo4Og-fIcirah9aHsz0pzxrDd2fM5jeouEoXbsvXxQk2jC2gc6X6jXlU75912VklwcYf9GF2aeaXOJMqyCCCqBh1c4A_3ooynw1eWUUPN1r7TgQA6vayPLwL2oYj3sNZLqsA7dGCAG45En3jFbarYAJeRRr2CfIp5-MaZSHWVp1aHCGHEpeRQXaMzLw6svMxahMmEgEt4dv1IbprU9VaCQM4rxx1O_69pg-st661s=w1680-h945-no

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Randy, I'm all ears (eyes) tell me more! Mark

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
There's a lot of rumors about some exciting news coming out possibly this week. May down and back? ;D

There have been a lot of rumors and scenarios suggested for next year but if I was a betting man, I would guess that they'll revise things a bit with mileage at the beginning so that we have 2 days to get to Bay of LA.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
...so that we have 2 days to get to Bay of LA.

Todd Z.

Oh man, I would LOVE THAT! I've been suggesting that for 2 years now!

I could see restructuring the course to omit BoLA altogether and make Loreto the 3rd day

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Do you think they would let me take my Stroppe hooked up to a vintage trailer and run the race without making a bunch of roll bar additions? sort of a replica to this setup? ;D I would SO be tempted....

You can do that anytime! Just chase with it!:D

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd vote for skipping BOLA. That part makes the rest a lot more difficult. You may know you're getting old when you want to skip BOLA......!

HB73

I'm starting a show for Red Bull in a couple of weeks, on this year's Baja race. 5 episodes following some of the teams that ran it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
I'm starting a show for Red Bull in a couple of weeks, on this year's Baja race. 5 episodes following some of the teams that ran it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

For the SCORE 1000 in Nov? If so, you should look into the Honda Ridgeline Team. It's an awesome team with a cool story of the introduction, build and development of the car and team.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Who needs a wing man?

Hank

Are you looking to come out this way for the NORRA race next year Hank? If you're driving out, that will be an awesome adventure in itself.

Our team is covered, but keep your hat in the ring. Someone may chime in. It'll be an adventure of a lifetime if it works out for you. Good luck to you brother!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Dates are up! New Course! San Felipe is the first night's stop!

2017 NORRA MEXICAN 1000
Friday April 21st
Ensenada
(Welcome Fiesta / Pre-registration / Tech)

Saturday April 22nd
Ensenada
(Registration / Tech / Drivers Meeting)

Sunday April 23rd
Ensenada ~ San Felipe *NEW!*

Monday April 24th
San Felipe ~ Bahia de los Angeles

Tuesday April 25th
Bahia de los Angeles ~ Loreto

Wednesday April 26th
Loreto ~ La Paz

Thursday April 27th
La Paz ~ San Jose del Cabo
(Awards Ceremony)

SEPT. 1 (Agua Dulce, Calif.): With the 2016 NORRA Mexican 1000 in the rear view mirror, plans for the 50th anniversary race are well under way. Dates have been set and registration will open right around the corner on Sept. 15th. This year’s Mexican rally will be loaded with more days of racing with the addition of a stop on day one in the fishing village, and popular vacation destination, of San Felipe. This will shorten the race mileage on day one, give competitors more time to tune their vehicles after the first stages, and allow competitors to enjoy everything San Felipe has to offer.

pr1.jpg

(ABOVE) The 1967 Mexican 1000 Rally program cover.
"Muscle..." "...by Con Ferr" The programs back cover featuring non other than Ed Pearlman himself behind the wheel! (BELOW)

pr2.jpg

The NORRA Mexican 1000 was first run in 1967. Until NORRA came in and established a sanctioned event, adventurers would compete for the fastest time running the length of the Baja Peninsula on their own. They kept track of their runs by using the telegraph office to record their times. The Mexican 1000 created the foundation for modern off road racing; in fact, it was NORRA’s Mike Pearlman who coined the name off road racing.

pr3.jpg

(ABOVE) The 2011 Baja Legacy Induction of NORRA and the condensed story of how the "New" off-road sport came to be. Included in the homage are photos (l-r) of Ed Pearlman and Don Francisco along with the 1968 Mexican 1000 race map, and in the lower right corner the original timepiece used by NORRA.

(BELOW) Journal tracking of participants from the earliest of races and notations for those "Gone Fishin'", unable to attend. (Photo: Joe Bonello)

pr4.jpg

Today, the NORRA Mexican 1000 is a totally unique event that pays tribute to off-road racing history while also providing tough competition for motorcycles, ATV’s, UTV’s and 4 wheeled race vehicles of all types from vintage to state of the art. Classes are divided into eras of racing. Restored original race cars compete on the same course as thundering Trophy Trucks and unlimited buggies. Complete rules and detailed information is provided on the NORRA website here: www.norra.com/rules_current.

pr5.jpg

The time is now to begin planning to attend the 50th anniversary NORRA Mexican 1000. “The Happiest Race On Earth!” gets better every year and the anniversary race is one you don’t want to miss. You will compete in a rally style event, rub elbows with icons of off-road racing, and witness the spectacular beauty of one of the few wild places left on earth. First time competitors become lifelong fans of the Mexican 1000. The rally is such a unique and rewarding experience, once you participate, you will want to return every year. Check out the itinerary below and start planning to attend.

pr6.jpg

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Some original 1967 Mexican 1000 veteran Broncos. The Harvick/Stroppe Stroppe Bronco and the Banquet Bronco. Both exist today. Harvick/Stroppe is running and on premises at Baja Broncos Unlimited!

Attachments

• StroppeHarvickleavepit.jpg
    StroppeHarvickleavepit.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 6710002ndstartBBU.jpg
    6710002ndstartBBU.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 80

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well. We better get working on the truck. Maybe take 2 this year??

Attachments

• IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 69
  • durka-norra16-4918.jpg
    durka-norra16-4918.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 67

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are you looking to come out this way for the NORRA race next year Hank? If you're driving out, that will be an awesome adventure in itself.

Our team is covered, but keep your hat in the ring. Someone may chime in. It'll be an adventure of a lifetime if it works out for you. Good luck to you brother!

Will look hard at the calendar. For sure wouldn't drive out but very interested. I've been watching the threads over the recent years and chatting with you only increased the level of interest.

Hank

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hank, if you can get a seat in a chase truck you can fly in to San Diego and meet up with your team. Or rent a Jeep and follow along. If you decide to go and need help with information on the overnight stops and all just holler. Knowing where you're going to sleep every night is pretty important. The rest is pretty easy. Just make sure you have an up to date passport. Mark