• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX 1966 Bronco U14

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebtexas

I have a 1966 Bronco running and driving well. I bought it as a weekend/ family restoration project but have no time to give it the love it deserves.

Vin on body matches vin on title
4x4

Correction

"The only available engine until about March 1966 was the Ford 170ci I-6. It waslargely the same engine as used in the Mustang, Falcon, Econoline and other Ford products, but the carburetor was modified for off-road use and the air cleaner improved for the dirtier environment. Typical of Ford, it was an undersquare engine (big bore, short stroke). The 170ci evolved into the 200ci and 250ci engines before the small inline Ford I-6 died in the ’80s"

VERY minimal rust (can be sanded down with 150 grid pad)
Accepting reasonable offers! (there are buckets of rust that haven't been moved in years selling from 5-10k some times, this STILL runs and drives great)
EMAIL Me for details and more pics ( torres.lizbeth91@gmail.com)
21oonmh.jpg

Last edited:

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it the original metal top? Or a fiberglass one?

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Still have the wall (bulkhead) between the interior and bed area?

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
So what's difference in '66 and later doors ?

66 and 67 doors have several differences. The exterior key hole on the 66 is right at the belt line. In 67 they moved it up a couple of inches to make room for the belt line trim. The interior door handle is just that, its a handle, not a paddle like the 68 through 77. Also, the striker post is in a different location. The doors on this bronco has the exterior key hole down below the belt line.

Attachments

• 66 door.jpg
    66 door.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 87

01JLH

VIN on body matches title. What about frame? VIN on body is a warranty tag, not the official VIN number which is located on the frame.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
I got a response and a couple pics from the OP.
It does not have a 302, it's a six
It does not have a 296 trans it's the standard 3 speed
I'm having my doubts if this is a real sell or not? I'll pass.

OP
OP
E

ebtexas

For some reason i thought it was a 302. These are the exact specs on the engine..

"The only available engine until about March 1966 was the Ford 170ci I-6. It waslargely the same engine as used in the Mustang, Falcon, Econoline and other Ford products, but the carburetor was modified for off-road use and the air cleaner improved for the dirtier environment. Typical of Ford, it was an undersquare engine (big bore, short stroke). The 170ci evolved into the 200ci and 250ci engines before the small inline Ford I-6 died in the ’80s"

If you have any more questions or doubts just ask. Provided that you do have the money for a toy. If you're planning on spending your lunch money or life savings maybe you should get a prius..

Status
Not open for further replies.