• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

received first shipment of sheetmetal. Not happy

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
When I did say zero feedback I was referring to quality of the part, and in my opinion, shipping quality is part of that. I work for a aviation component manufacturing company, and if we sent out parts in that type of packaging we would lose customers daily.

maybe you had other inquiries other than the one I referred to above, but in the one I referred to the replies that did in fact provide the definitive vendor choice you were asking for all recommended Dennis Carpenter...yet you went with JBG?

dacotah

Contributor
Sorry about your issues - I’ve had really good luck with Jeff’s and have gotten a lot of sheet metal from them.
P

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Show us a picture of the problem. I bet they would all straighten themselves out installed on a Bronco with a few sheet metal screws to the original braces and a few taps with a hammer after tacking the perfect areas.

I vote for pictures 2!

Dlish

Maybe you should just drive up to Deleware to Delco Nick, pick sheet metal (new and used) and any other part you want, inspect the pckaging, have a can of beer, carefully load it in your private delivery vehicle, and drive it home.

As you state you are vastly familiar with purchasing HD and atv parts from all corners of the globe and know who is A and B vendors. The pot of vendors is pretty narrow for Bronco parts compared to Harley parts, and as people mentioned in this thread and your ither thread, only a couple companies actually make the parts. Added to the fact that most comsumers shop by price, if Vendor 1 decided to double box, foam, and palletize your fender while Vendor 2 did not but showed cheaper shipping, vendor 1 wouldnt be in business. While there is a slight Bronco resurgance right now, the volume of parts and markups are squat compared to HD and atv parts.

Now if you buy a vendor produced part, such as Duffs radius arms, be prepared to pay for shipping, and also an hour of just unpacking time. Their part, and their costs to package them, very differnet from 3 Bronco vendors buying the same hood from a single source and trying to eek a little markup and not lose it over reboxing and repacking.

Ill reiterate, drive to wilmington de, meet a good vendor, and you can apply your own ISO 9001 QA to the personalized shipping experience and instead of multiple phone calls to vendors and the obvious heartache this process has caused, you can instead start your build thread and dazzle us all with getting another bronco on the road.

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
1. Why doesn't our forum's search function work better than Google? I've been trying to research things, and I would love tips so I don't make guys rehash stuff. Is there a how to for newbies/ Jr members?
2. All of us have dealt with the vendors, and I have seen consistently good customer service from all. Some have favorites, but due to the recent increase in shipping fees, on line competition, etc, margins are small. Sometimes I order out of state just to avoid the damn state taxes. It really can be hit and miss. I feel your frustration.
3. On line reputations are a new business aspect that is still in its infancy. Those vendors that are great at customer service actually have dedicated employees that troll the forums for bad press and go about fixing them. (Paul, you are a Yoda, not a Troll ;). It's part of SEO. We have to protect these vendors so they don't go down in flames due to Amazon and the like, especially the new little ones that don't have a marketing budget for that watch dog employee. So, you will get replies that champion all vendors, because some of us remember the days before AL Gore invented the internet, and you had to drive around locally or call all the parts houses' phone numbers in the back of car magazines to see if anyone had or made "X" or "Z". Now it's touch a button, your saved C.C. info allows delivery in 2 or 3 days, not WEEKS! When it arrived, it was like Xmas, packed so nice. Those days are gone, eh PaPitt?
4. Take a deep breath. Know that others here are also frustrated, feel your pain, and have sometimes moved on to a different part of the Bronco rehab while waiting. And being anally retentive is not mutually exclusive, no offense ment. It's I think more common, as we are the only ones that care enough to get the job done right for these rigs.
5 Open another beer, I will toast with ya. Duff is great beer! ;)
Ps, just my 2 cents. Be glad you didn't gets 2 bits worth. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

STalon89

All of the vendors listed above are very easy to deal with and will get you new stuff to replace whats damaged or incorrect. Thats the world of aftermarket body panels, it is what it is. We all have been through it. And some of us told you that as feedback. Just call them up and try not to have attitude.

OP
OP
N

nsdq3

parts

maybe you had other inquiries other than the one I referred to above, but in the one I referred to the replies that did in fact provide the definitive vendor choice you were asking for all recommended Dennis Carpenter...yet you went with JBG?

That is a valid point, but a few of the pieces I needed for the firewall Dennis Carpenter didn't offer individually.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
1. Why doesn't our forum's search function work better than Google? I've been trying to research things, and I would love tips so I don't make guys rehash stuff. Is there a how to for newbies/ Jr members?

Hey Billy, the Search tool works well in the Classifieds, but not the Forums, stick with Google. Yesterday I was having a problem with my brake pedal not coming back far enough to turn off the brake lights, so I searched 'Brake pedal return classicbroncos'

Some guys claim to get better results with 'classicbroncos.com: brake pedal return' whatever works!

That is a valid point, but a few of the pieces I needed for the firewall Dennis Carpenter didn't offer individually.

That makes sense, happens all the time, the other day i wanted to order about 10 items, vendor A had 8 of the 10 I needed, vendor B had 9 of 10, so I went with vendor B and had to get the last part from vendor C ;D

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
2. All of us have dealt with the vendors, and I have seen consistently good customer service from all. Some have favorites, but due to the recent increase in shipping fees, on line competition, etc, margins are small. Sometimes I order out of state just to avoid the damn state taxes. It really can be hit and miss. I feel your frustration.
3. On line reputations are a new business aspect that is still in its infancy. Those vendors that are great at customer service actually have dedicated employees that troll the forums for bad press and go about fixing them. (Paul, you are a Yoda, not a Troll ;). It's part of SEO. We have to protect these vendors so they don't go down in flames due to Amazon and the like, especially the new little ones that don't have a marketing budget for that watch dog employee. So, you will get replies that champion all vendors, because some of us remember the days before AL Gore invented the internet, and you had to drive around locally or call all the parts houses' phone numbers in the back of car magazines to see if anyone had or made "X" or "Z". Now it's touch a button, your saved C.C. info allows delivery in 2 or 3 days, not WEEKS! When it arrived, it was like Xmas, packed so nice. Those days are gone, eh PaPitt?
4. Take a deep breath. Know that others here are also frustrated, feel your pain, and have sometimes moved on to a different part of the Bronco rehab while waiting. And being anally retentive is not mutually exclusive, no offense ment. It's I think more common, as we are the only ones that care enough to get the job done right for these rigs.
5 Open another beer, I will toast with ya. Duff is great beer! ;)
Ps, just my 2 cents. Be glad you didn't gets 2 bits worth. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If I tried to restore my bronco 20 years ago it would have been a different story. The internet is a game changer. I restored a charger when I was 17 and the internet was in its infancy. Trying to find parts was hard, scrounging junk yards and classifieds in the back of hemmings, I don't miss those days at all!

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

ALL forum search software sucks bad, just accept this, use a Google search and you don't get stressed out.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
The thing to look forward to, is your next shipment of metal will be just as bad.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The thing to look forward to, is your next shipment of metal will be just as bad.

Im fortunate that I never had to deal with this as jeffs is about 90 minutes from me. I picked up all my metal in person, I will admit the inner rockers on my complete pan had a few bends in them where they meet the rockers but that wasn't jeffs fault and it was easily straightened back out!