• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pre-Release Pricing on Pre-Runner Fenders!

OX1

Bronco Guru
Are the taillight corners "full". As in could you cut out a spot for the taillight and have the inner edge meet up with the TG??

Considering I need one lower 1/4, one taillight housing, 2 front fenders, and a set of flares, this starts to become price competitive (assuming I can run 33's without flares).

BTW, what lift is on the bronc in the pics, first page??

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
The Bronco in the first pics has a custom suspension, I don't know how much "lift" it is without taking some measurements assuming I can find a reference point that is still intact on it that would correspond to a stock Bronco. Its probably around 3.5-4.5 if I had to guess.

The rears are made to overlay the stock sheetmetal. So it would protrude past the tailgate, the thickness of the fiberglass. Its not that thick though so unless you're looking really close it wouldn't be too apparent. That said, these are more of a performance part than a show piece.

Dusty

OX1

Bronco Guru
The Bronco in the first pics has a custom suspension, I don't know how much "lift" it is without taking some measurements assuming I can find a reference point that is still intact on it that would correspond to a stock Bronco. Its probably around 3.5-4.5 if I had to guess.

The rears are made to overlay the stock sheetmetal. So it would protrude past the tailgate, the thickness of the fiberglass. Its not that thick though so unless you're looking really close it wouldn't be too apparent. That said, these are more of a performance part than a show piece.

Dusty

How about the crease from the upper fender to the center of the hub.
that will give me the true height of bodywork vs the wheels.

So I could cut back and make the TG fit/clear, correct??

No show truck here nor do I want one, just figured those panels might be easier than doing a bunch of rear 1/4/taillight housing work. The front fenders are not that much more than a quality set of steelies.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I think I misunderstood you on the tailgate thing. Yeah you can install these and there should be no interference with the tailgate. I thought you were asking whether the exterior surface of the taillight housing area of the glass part would be flush, or on the same plane, as the tailgate. Which it won't, it will be offset outward by the thickness of the glass itself. But it won't block the tailgate.

The racer is currently over at John's house, I'll take a tape and grab a measuremnt for you next time I'm over there.

Dusty

OX1

Bronco Guru
I think I misunderstood you on the tailgate thing. Yeah you can install these and there should be no interference with the tailgate. I thought you were asking whether the exterior surface of the taillight housing area of the glass part would be flush, or on the same plane, as the tailgate. Which it won't, it will be offset outward by the thickness of the glass itself. But it won't block the tailgate.

The racer is currently over at John's house, I'll take a tape and grab a measuremnt for you next time I'm over there.

Dusty

OK thanks. Do you think if some (or most) of the metal panels were cut up or cut off in strategic locations one could make the rear panels appear to be more or less in the original location?? Just curious, it would not be mandatory for me.

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
OX1 - I think you could glass them in where you'd really need to know what to look for to see any mis-alignment. I think you could probably make the opening fit better than original.

At the door it would just be blended in to the rear edge of the opening. At the tailgate you'd just take it around the corner into the tailgate opening.

The panel is only ~2-2.5mm thick. I'd be willing to bet if you measure the margins on your tailgate now they aren't within that.

I want to say my truck measured out at ~4" lift (I also have a 2" body lift) I can clear 37" tires at full stuff based on the measurements I did previously. I have 33's on it currently and there is GOBS of room around the tire. (All of this is based on front fender/tire measurements & comparison to the bodysides as I don't have the bodysides mounted yet. I've got ~1" clearance from the top of the axle tube to the frame at full compressed. The wheelwell opening is 3" bigger all around from stock & the top edge of the wheelwell is ~2" below the upper bodyline.

I'm sitting in a hotel in Chicago right now or I'd get you actual measurements.

Dusty - You may call these just a performance part, but the quality is excellent. They're gonna look like a showpiece by the time I'm done, and thanks to the quality I don't think it will take much to get these glassy smooth.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Thanks for providing that info Scott. Yeah we were shooting for clearing 37's. John actually runs 40's on his trail rig with the fronts, but we did have to do some trimming for those.

We designed them to provide options when mounting. That is, you can either keep or cut off the taillight section. My own opinion is if you're putting them on a full-tub rig, I would cut the taillight section off, then feather the fiberglass part in where the vertical body seam is between the taillight/corner and the upper/lower bedside. There is a corresponding vertical seam molded into the fiberglass piece, and we intentionally confined the "bulge" to the area forward of this seam, for this purpose. We included the corner section mostly for those who will be hanging these on race vehicles and tube buggies, where there simply is no other sheetmetal corner section. But even if you keep that part and overlay the sheetmetal corner, one cool thing is that you could easily cut for a LED trailer-style taillight rather than the stock type of taillight. There are lots of options, we expect to see a lot of variations of using these.

Our freind Sal Cervantes called the other day to let us know he now has his set installed on his Class 3 racer, so we're waiting on some photos of it. I'll post them up when we get them.

Dusty

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Let me start by saying that I'm putting these bodysides on an old Mallotte tub which I know has problems (like the rear wheelwell openings are in an almost 2" different fore/aft position on the side of the truck - you can see the pass side is farther fwd in the pics) I expect by body is fairly different than what was used to develop these parts.

Overall, the bodysides are very nice hand laid glass, some waviness in the panels, but overall nothing a skim coat of filler and some elbow grease won't cure.

2 areas where the fit isn't good for my tub and I will need to do some fiberglass fill work. (could very well be the tub's fault - OLD Mallotte tub w/o tailgate.)

1) At the top bodyline in the doorjam
2) At the top corner of the taillight section to where the tailgate would be.

I'm now thinking I'm going to section these and just glass in the bodyside forward of the taillight section line. - #1 above I can just adjust where I mount the door inserts, #2 will be taken care of as I'm eliminating the taillight section.

Overall I love the bodysides and they were well worth the wait.

Thanks Dusty and WCB

Attachments

• 031909 Bodyside fit driver tailgate.jpg
    031909 Bodyside fit driver tailgate.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 031909 Pass side front.jpg
    031909 Pass side front.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 031909 Pass side.jpg
    031909 Pass side.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 031909 Driver side view.jpg
    031909 Driver side view.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 031909 Driver bodyside2.jpg
    031909 Driver bodyside2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 134
  • 031909 Driver bodyside.jpg
    031909 Driver bodyside.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 116
  • 031909 Driver 3 quarter view.jpg
    031909 Driver 3 quarter view.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 163

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
Whats a fair estimate on shipping for a full set of 4? I am trying to save up so I may be able to place an order by early to mid summer....

If it matters zip code is 79413

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Its probably around $150-175 for shipping on a full set of 4. We can get them all into one box but its a BIG box, it gets into UPS' "oversize" pricing. How far are you from El Paso? I go there (actually to Las Cruces) a couple times a year to see the in-laws. Could possibly bring them that far. In fact I'm headed out there next week but it sounds like that's a little too soon for your schedule.

Dusty

bluegt1987

Loc.
albuquerque
dusty i just want you to know i have been droolin gon the fronts for a while and now rears man this just isnt fair you cant be building this stuff when bronco guys are in college i might have to stop eating so i can buy a set

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I second the comment above. I have the fronts and desperately want the rears! I just need to get my truck on the road, I targeted before July to do have it drivable.
I should be painting my truck next weekend and will have to save up and buy a pair of rears sometime during the summer after the truck is drivable. Their pre-runner is the inspiration for my build!
Dennis

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Here's a bump for WCB and a pic of the driver side of my truck with the bodyside completely mounted. (finally.)

Ended up mounting with Dzus fasteners (and some fairly complex mounts)

Attachments

• 073109 Drvr side bodyside cutout.jpg
    073109 Drvr side bodyside cutout.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 073109 Drvr side bodyside cutout2.jpg
    073109 Drvr side bodyside cutout2.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 073109 Drvr side cutout.jpg
    073109 Drvr side cutout.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 165
Last edited: