• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR 1966 Uncut original Ford Bronco w/ restored and painted exterior

Status
Not open for further replies.

1966tiger

My green 74 got kicked back. My reserve was $70k. My heavily modified / raced Tiger also. On both I got a declining email. The email listed 6 reasons as to why they declined. It could be any of the 6 reasons. In my case, on both, there had been several Broncos and Tigers in the previous months that had not sold.

We're in the process of submitting the 70 GT 500 convertible. My understanding is that due to heavy volume that it's taking 2/3 months to get a listing accepted and then posted, unless a seller has something very unique/desirable.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Heard the same about rejections, they are not going to waste their time on a 1974 stock Bronco for $70k. The would rather see something unique or when the reserve is very low and expect to see lots of bidding.

Last edited:

1966tiger

Not to pick a fight, but my 74 did sell for $66k at a really bad Mecum December Kansas City auction.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Not to pick a fight, but my 74 did sell for $66k at a really bad Mecum December Kansas City auction.

I think you did a lot better there than you would have on BaT. I watch their EB auctions pretty closely and refreshed my memory a little earlier on the results and I couldn't find one that got bid any higher than $30K.

Todd Z.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As you're trying to figure out what your truck is worth, compare it to West Tn Dog's which is for sale too. He's asking $30,000. Now think about what it would take to make YOUR Bronco look like his. Add it up, subtract that from $30,000, and that's a rough ball park.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277211

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
As you're trying to figure out what your truck is worth, compare it to West Tn Dog's which is for sale too. He's asking $30,000. Now think about what it would take to make YOUR Bronco look like his. Add it up, subtract that from $30,000, and that's a rough ball park.

Glad somebody else saw this glaring comparison. I was going to mention it, but considering the response to my simple and logical question about the stated sales strategy, I didn't want to send anybody over the edge.

pipeline010

being a relative newby here myself I think it's more appropriate to come here as a new buyer rather than a new seller....

I came here specifically to find (and found!) a Bronco for myself; I don't have the truck in hand just yet but I'm confident I received a fair deal from an honest person...the community here is knowledgeable, they call out a good truck and a bad one, have a good head for real value and things to look out for. They know what things are worth. You just don't get this on ebay or craigslist.

As a newby seller here? Well.....AGAIN......the community here is knowledgeable. They call out a good truck and a bad one. They have a good head for real value and things to look out for. They know what things are worth. You just don't get this on ebay or craigslist.

Just my 2 cents.....

OP
OP
B

bentomas

If you get real offers of the 22k-25k range, I would take it. Pricing is tough and some people get excited then overpay. On the other hand, I offered one to a member here for 10k less than I ended up getting for it. Many here just want a straight forward price and decide to buy or not (if they want an auction they can go to ebay). Good luck with the sale and watch out for the scammers.

1 of them was a scam and 2 of them never called me back after the holidays. Not sure if they found other things to buy or forgot about our car!

Thanks again to those who've offered advice. Based on your feedback I've dropped my price to $17,500. I can't figure out how to update the original listing price though.

We'd still love to find a loving home for our old Bronco, even if we asked for too much at first and didn't understand the selling advice we were given.

If you're interested, feel free to give me a call or text at (719) 425-8732‬.

OP
OP
B

bentomas

Thanks for the heads up. That is truly a beautiful truck! I don't know what it would take to make mine look like his, as I know nothing about Broncos or how much all that stuff listed would cost. Though I assume some of the fun of owning a Bronco is fixing it up yourself, so some people might not want a completely restored Bronco? My Bronco certainly is a fixer upper inside! It was running last spring, but wouldn't start last week when I tried it out. So I replaced the battery and filled up the gas (truly the extent of my knowledge), and still wouldn't start. I assume whatever is preventing it from starting is an easy fix because it was running the last time we tried. Is that how it works?

Last edited:

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
To get it in a condition of the other guys you could easily be from 25k to 60k plus, if somebody's gonna take it to that level they have to have deep pockets or do most of the work themselves to bring it down a lot more reasonable. That said with some work yours could be a nice driver as is.

Regarding getting it running, what does it do when you turn the key, the one picture looks like a pretty new starter. The fix is usually pretty easy but the hard part is always going out be finding out exactly what's causing the problem.

I'm in Delaware or I'd come check it out.

Okbroncoman

Thanks again to those who've offered advice. Based on your feedback I've dropped my price to $17,500. I can't figure out how to update the original listing price though

I think that’s more in the ballpark of it’s actual value.

But, I am no expert

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
Have you tried putting some starter fluid in the carb to see if it fires?

OP
OP
B

bentomas

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it has officially been sold and has a new home!

Status
Not open for further replies.