• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

License Plate Idea

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
My historic license plate arrived in the mail today, coincidentally the same day I installed a new license plate bracket and light...then I had me an I dear...

I have 72 plates (and 66 plates on my 66) so you have to keep the historic plate somewhere in the vehicle...not no more!!

I bet someone else has done this before but right now I’m feeling pretty dang clever ;)

Attachments

• 99A087CB-63F0-48A4-9A07-0FC211FF3D97.jpg
    99A087CB-63F0-48A4-9A07-0FC211FF3D97.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 350
  • 3D5B8B20-E769-40BC-A111-C4F0F81EE8A1.jpg
    3D5B8B20-E769-40BC-A111-C4F0F81EE8A1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 357

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Do you have to put registration and county stickers on your '72 plate??

Never seen that set up in my almost 40 years in Ohio.

Technically, you can't use either Bronco as a 'driver' with those plates, can you?

So, If I found a '68 Ohio plate, I can use it like you did your '72?? Just put my regular plate underneath?? What about your front plate??

Don't worry, I will not hold you to your answers, just curious.

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Do you have to put registration and county stickers on your '72 plate??

Never seen that set up in my almost 40 years in Ohio.

Nope, no stickers, registration expires in 2050 :eek:

Technically, you can't use either Bronco as a 'driver' with those plates, can you?

technically Historical plates are for vehicles that are driven to car shows and joy rides, going for gas/maintenance, but the BMV tells me they've NEVER heard of anyone being pulled over. Same rules apply for these plates, but you have to keep the Historical plate somewhere in the vehicle. I would not put Historical plates on a DD, just my opinion

So, If I found a '68 Ohio plate, I can use it like you did your '72?? Just put my regular plate underneath?? What about your front plate??

Don't worry, I will not hold you to your answers, just curious.

Yes go to your local antique village/mall there are always plates for sale there, make sure you get a matching set since OH requires front plates (why give the cops a reason, right?)

Take the '68 plate to the BMV and tell them you want to register for Historical plates (unless you already have them) and display the 68 plates. Cost me $34 total, that's about a dollar a year ;D

sk1nw4lk3r

No need for Historic plates in MI.

Send a color copy of the plate, with current insurance, and a copy of your DL to the DMV, with a check for $35, and the plate never expires!