• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Reality Check on Price, Condition, Etc.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
I have my Bronco listed for sale in the Members Section.

Given that I've had zero interest, I would appreciate some feedback on why I haven't had any interest. Color? Price? Location? Condition? Other? Thank you.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284279

I'm not sure myself, it looks like a damn fine bronco inside and out - some may be scared by the color but it looks great to me....if I didn't already have one I'm building out I would consider

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
My opinion is that anything over $20- $25k in price, there is alot to choose from for the money (colors, options etc).
I would just sit tight for a while unless you have to unload.
Market it on FB through the groups and CL

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
It looks like a really nice bronco but may not be a $27,000 bronco. You mentioned some things that were wrong with it in your post (minor rust, body mount issue, new deg bushings needed, non working fuel gauge). For over $25K everything should work and there should be "no rust" but that is just my opinion. Have you listed it on Craigslist or Ebay? My guess is you would get some interest from those sites. I thing your price is close but a little high. Again just my opinion, good luck with the sale.

BigB

Engine bay is quite dirty and untidy with a bunch of rusty components and the engine looks like it's leaking oil around the heads.

Not too difficult to clean all that up and also paint the engine and the engine bay with the engine still in truck. It's a labor intensive job but doesn't cost much and would make it far easier to get closer to your asking price, as it lets down the rest of the truck.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I will agree with others, your pricing is high for the amount of work that will need to be put into it right away. The second main deterrent is the color, not too many people out there have to have purple and immediately think of what it would cost to do a color change and that detracts from it as well. Without seeing it in person because pictures can often hide way too many sins that you just don't see till you are in person I would say you are about 10K too hight to move it. Sure you could wait and someone out there will bite just because but in a forum like this where most members already own Broncos etc and know what to look for, they will not jump on anything that is remotely high in the offerings. Your better bet would be to put it on eBay or on Face Book and you will do better.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
In looking at your ad I think Color limits the number of customers. You short list of needed repairs should not be there at $27,000 Fuel gauge that doesnt work, leaks, alignment issues bubbling paint and an incomplete hard top are all issues that a buyer doesnt want to deal with at that price. They don't want to deal with that petty stuff unless your selling at a bargain price. if you not willing to correct the things that you can fix what else hasn't been done.

$27,000 grand cash is allot of money to cough up for most everyone. its not like you can finance it.

you need to know what gearing is in the truck as it is the basis on whether the truck is set up properly.

I commend your honesty but putting all that stuff in the initial ad but it steers potential customers off. You have to get people in the door to see the truck, getting excited about purchase and then give them the full disclosure.

Picture 7 shows dirty interior, rusty seat bolts and rusty striker.
Picture 12 engine compartment, dirty, rusty lack of care is a turn off for a 27,000 truck.

You need to put allot of loving labor into this truck to clean it up for this price. Even if you lowered the price significantly in stead of putting the labor in it would be a turn off until its cleaned up to where it should be. This is a labor issue not a dollar issue.

I cleaned up my engine compartment on my Bronco it may have cost me 75 bucks to do it but a month of my free time to take stuff off or move it out of the way clean and paint like it should look. It looks like someone cares. That's what I want to see in a 20 + grand truck.

I think you should park you truck and walk up to you truck like your going to buy it. take a tablet and write down what you see that you don't want to pay for. Then open a door and walk up noting the things you don't like. Do the same in all entry's. Then climb in and sit in the seats, note what you don't like and check the functions of everything. Sit in the passengers seat and do the same and same thing in the back seat.

Then deal with under the hood and under the truck. when your done look at your list check it over. Mark off any thing you just not going to deal with. Then work on the things that you are willing to deal with.

In my opinion at 27 grand the truck should be safe, ready to drive anywhere at any time and nothing is broken or inoperable. It should look well maintained and not a dirty leaky mess. At time of sale it should be clean.

You asked and that's my opinion. Plus its still winter and no one is thinking about toys this time of the year.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
What’s wrong with the door fit?

Your ad says open to offers so as mentioned give it some time. The ones that go fast are more in the ‘steal’ range, we all want a bargain ;D

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Appreciate the feedback. Without getting into the specific comments, I really don't disagree with what has been said overall. The color is an obvious issue and maybe my attempt at full disclosure on what has been / needs to be done is too much info. If I go the Craigslist, Facebook, Ebay route, I will dumb it down. Price wise, it's probably not $27.5K as previous comments have stated but I also think it's higher than $15K based on the previous sales I've seen in the members section. Thank you again for the comments / insight.

Last edited:

Jaxgtc

I have my Bronco listed for sale in the Members Section.

Given that I've had zero interest, I would appreciate some feedback on why I haven't had any interest. Color? Price? Location? Condition? Other? Thank you.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284279

As mentioned, cast a wider net and you will get some interest. Unfortunately you will have to deal with a lot of tire kickers and people who want to haggle.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
What’s wrong with the door fit?

Your ad says open to offers so as mentioned give it some time. The ones that go fast are more in the ‘steal’ range, we all want a bargain ;D

BGBronco, for the record I was not asking YOU about the door fit, I was asking whoever commented that it was an issue, I should’ve quoted them, my bad, hang in there dude it will sell! -Jeff

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
My opinion is that anything over $20- $25k in price, there is alot to choose from for the money (colors, options etc).
I would just sit tight for a while unless you have to unload.
Market it on FB through the groups and CL

X2.... takes a little time sometimes

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
No issues and like I said, just trying to find the right fit for what I have and what someone wants.

BGBronco, for the record I was not asking YOU about the door fit, I was asking whoever commented that it was an issue, I should’ve quoted them, my bad, hang in there dude it will sell! -Jeff

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Be fair but ask on the high end of it and be willing to negotiate. You can always come down in price but not go up. Good luck with your sale.

Wolverine

BGBronco: I am currently spending weeks/days/hours trying to find a bronco to buy (since DEC.) I have looked at yours and since you are asking for advice (me as a shopper), I thought I'd give you my take; Actually, the guys (experts) that already commented nailed it. The color (I would have to have the whole truck repainted), the dirt, rust, etc... Also, keep in mind unless the buyer is near you, they have to factor travel costs (plane, hotel, getting the truck mechanically inspected and travel back home $$$). So, when I look at your truck, I think $28K + $8-10K. I realize broncos are 'hot' right now so I wish you the best getting as much $$ as you can. Hope that helps

OP
OP
BGBronco

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
^^^ I understand what you're saying.

To be clear, I think I've over detailed the condition so everyone could (remotely) get a feel for what it's really like. It's not a $200k Restomod or a $60K restoration. It's also not a rust bucket and while the engine compartment maybe not be as clean as someone indicated, I really don't consider it to be dirty. It's a driver, not a show car.

Color wise, completely understand the issue and I think it's a big issue, but a cosmetic issue. Not because of the paint condition as much as purple is a polarizing color and obviously not original.

In terms of the price, I put one out there as a starting point. Obviously too high but I was hoping for some negotiating room.

I really appreciate all of the comments and need to consider whether to sell as is or repaint a mainstream color go from there.

Wolverine

BG: One last comment. Before painting, you might consider getting a quote to paint. Then post as is and identify "If purple isn't your color, estimate $x (YOUR ESTIMATE) to paint the truck to be exactly what you prefer." The odds of you picking the color the buyer prefers is 1 out of 50? As an example, when I find my bronco, if I plan on spending $25k on a 40 year old truck, I am going to paint it gun grey. Not just accept it as blue, red, etc... Make sense?

Bradsp8

Don't paint it, you'll never get your money back because a good paint job begins with lots of expensive body work. Be patient and expand where you have it listed. Clean up dusty engine bay with a power washer or at least a good hose down. But don't grease or polish the hoses with Armorall, etc... which looks cheesy IMO. Take some detail out of the ad, take some of the negative things out and focus more on the positive vs. the negative. You have to lure buyers in to see and drive it not scare them away from the start.

Like Rustytruck said perfectly, "I commend your honesty but putting all that stuff in the initial ad but it steers potential customers off. You have to get people in the door to see the truck, getting excited about purchase and then give them the full disclosure."

State OBO, or best reasonable offer, in your ad to let people know you're flexible. Put something "warm and fuzzy" in there like how you and the family have enjoyed it. How the kids are going to kill you when you sell it, how you're going to miss it when it's gone, etc... which kind of tells people it's your baby and you've taken good care of it.

Use a little more salesmanship and a little less negativity.