• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

received first shipment of sheetmetal. Not happy

nsdq3

I had been asking for a bit what suppliers were better than others and basically got zero feedback. So I went with a combination of wild horses and Jeff's Bronco graveyard. Received two boxes from JBG yesterday and I am very unhappy. The large box looked like it was packed by a 7 year old. The toe panel replacement is sprung so bad it is ridiculous. The driver firewall replacement is damaged on the corner because it was padded at all for shipping.

I will reach out to JBG (already sent one email) and see what comes of it.

I need to sign up to be a contributor shortly and will post pics.

I will keep this updated so other new guys like me can know what direction to send their money when it comes time.

American180

Loc.
Mount Washington, Ky
I'm sorry to hear your order from JBG didn't go so well. Customer service of the bronco venders seems to be pretty good so hopefully they will resolve this issue quickly. I've ordered from 4 venders in the past few months and had no issue any of them but Wild Horses has consistently gone the extra mile. Great follow up on orders placed on line and everything has been very well packaged.

I'm not sure your experience level but the next issue your going to face with be panel fitment. It's really hit or miss on how well these parts fit. You'll hear both good and bad experiences from people concerning all the venders. Although, people seem to be more happy with Dynacorn panels. Expect to do some tweaking on them. This is a common problem for all classic car panels.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I had been asking for a bit what suppliers were better than others and basically got zero feedback. So I went with a combination of wild horses and Jeff's Bronco graveyard. Received two boxes from JBG yesterday and I am very unhappy. The large box looked like it was packed by a 7 year old. The toe panel replacement is sprung so bad it is ridiculous. The driver firewall replacement is damaged on the corner because it was padded at all for shipping.

I'd say you got quite a bit of feedback

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283349

I've used CJP for fenders and hood with no issues, and parts that size it's not always about padding is about how they're handled by the carrier as well.

I hope JBG helps you out they seem to me to have a new focus on customer service lately

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
I bought 2 quarter panels from CJPony Parts Dyacorn brand(free shipping) I have to say packaging was weak. It was in a box but only 1 sheet of bubble wrap covering the panels. I checked them and all was ok. I guess you get what you pay for on the free shipping. The quarter panel looks like a quality part. Have not installed them so don't know about fit yet. 1 more thing on CJ pony parts. I have order several parts from them.They have always made things right when there was a problem. Good Luck.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had been asking for a bit what suppliers were better than others and basically got zero feedback.

WHAT ??
Based on what I saw you got quite a bit of feedback. When you start out with a statement like that after your previous thread it doesn't offer much help to someone going forward. Sounds to me like the shipper was the biggest part of the problem, I don't see that ever getting any better. I've come to the conclusion we either live with it or go haul it ourselves. Good luck with your project.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Sorry to hear about your panel issues, Welcome to the world of Early Broncos.

1st I will say that no matter how well a vendor packs his/her product, the shipping Contractor plays apart in its condition upon arrival. We all want cheap shipping and well sometimes we get what we pay for... My experience is that all of the Bronco specific Vendors here are stand-up business folks and will respond to your concerns and issues.

I really like JGY panels, but after one arrived flat, some stuff didn't show up because it was back ordered, and well the shipping $$ plays into it as well, I have not bought another from them. JBG made right on the panel that they flattened for shipping and apologized for not communicating the BO.

On another members recommendation I bought panels from Tom's, made in ROC. Quality and fit was good, but shipping $$ was still up there... But the panels were well packaged.

I just bought a drivers door post from WH. As close as they are, shipping was still up there in $$. And a hole had developed at one end of the box, from the panel, which had been taped up. Pretty sure that is not how it left WH's, but at least the shipper made the effort. But maybe WH's could have placed more cardboard at the ends or the Shipper could have handled things better?

Regarding your comment on feedback...
We all want to help people here on this Site, it is one of the best.
But it just seems at times that the same questions are asked over and over...
What is the best whatchamacallit to buy?
And well some of us just sort of blow over the Thread, wondering if they did a search or not? Typically, when you get 5-10 answers, you are doing pretty well.

So call the Vendor, get the parts replaced, and reset you schedule for Bronco work. It is kind of the way things are these days. Remember it is a journey to save these old rigs and get them back on the road.

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
Call and talk to Pat at JBGY... He's a good guy, just be nice and don't yell as I know youre mad. They'll take care of you!

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have family in Michigan and drove there to visit and pick up a large order from JBG, sheetmetal and a 100 other little pieces. I can tell you that while waiting at the loading dock, I watched them pack another dozen or so boxes. Small and large. From what I witnessed with their handling, packing, and boxing of the orders, 99% of the damage occurs in shipping as our products move from truck to warehouse to truck.

OP
OP
N

nsdq3

First and foremost, I love this site and love the info that is shared. I apologize if my original post was condescending. Message received. Zero feedback was the wrong response. However if you look at the original thread, the majority of the comments were based on the shipping costs and the fit. I understand we are not dealing with legos, and almost everything aftermarket needs "coaxing".

Shipping costs, I understand that and you know what you are getting before you hit the buy it now button.

When I did say zero feedback I was referring to quality of the part, and in my opinion, shipping quality is part of that. I work for a aviation component manufacturing company, and if we sent out parts in that type of packaging we would lose customers daily.

Also, regarding to quality of the part. Thickness is a factor, I have reached out to numerous vendors to check the gauge of their product. Some respond, some don't.

Again, didn't mean to PO anyone, and I guess the feedback I was looking for is very subjective. I know there are a lot of guys on here that I have done multiple projects. I really thought guys would chime in on past good or bad experiences with vendor "A" and "B".

OP
OP
N

nsdq3

As an add on, I will say the customer service at wildhorses has been great to deal with. Had to call them three times in one day to get the order completed (my fault, not theirs) and they were awesome in making sure the order was consolidated.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
. Sounds to me like the shipper was the biggest part of the problem, I don't see that ever getting any better. .

That does seem to be the regular occurrence in these situations. The shippers unfortunately

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Oh, it's all good, you'll always see a mix/match of responses and there are vendors out there that people have issues with.

Happens...

First and foremost, I love this site and love the info that is shared. I apologize if my original post was condescending. Message received. Zero feedback was the wrong response. However if you look at the original thread, the majority of the comments were based on the shipping costs and the fit. I understand we are not dealing with legos, and almost everything aftermarket needs "coaxing".

Shipping costs, I understand that and you know what you are getting before you hit the buy it now button.

When I did say zero feedback I was referring to quality of the part, and in my opinion, shipping quality is part of that. I work for a aviation component manufacturing company, and if we sent out parts in that type of packaging we would lose customers daily.

Also, regarding to quality of the part. Thickness is a factor, I have reached out to numerous vendors to check the gauge of their product. Some respond, some don't.

Again, didn't mean to PO anyone, and I guess the feedback I was looking for is very subjective. I know there are a lot of guys on here that I have done multiple projects. I really thought guys would chime in on past good or bad experiences with vendor "A" and "B".

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
I would imagine air craft parts are a little more important than bronco parts but none the less hope they get you taken care of!

OP
OP
N

nsdq3

Thanks guys, like I said, the last thing I want to do is "poo" on where I am going to need a lot of assistance going forward.

I grew up in the motocross / ATV market and we learned which vendors, regardless of how pretty their websites and ads in magazines were, were the ones to stay away from. I guess that is what my original attempt was, but I understand each transaction is different.

Again, I will continue to post the results of my experience with JBG, wildhorses and other vendors. Not to bash anyone, but to help those in my current situation. Each aftermarket sub-category has an A team and a B team. I have 20 years dealing with HD vendors, ATV vendors, but about a 3 weeks dealing with bronco vendors.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Many times vendors will send out large items in the box they received them in, not reboxing unless something else is going on.

Most sheet metal comes from only a couple manufacturers. Might be why you didn't get the responses you where looking for.

The search engine here works better if you go to Google and type it in. I can book mark a thread and still not find it sometimes.... tons of great information has been discussed here many times, and will be many times more, which is a good thing.

The vendors on the top here will try to work out any issues with you. Always try to give them time if you have a issue. Every company does, it's how they handle it that matters. Be patient and give them a chance. Most on here are very protective of the good vendors. You will find some threads on here about who to stay away from. It will be clear. Every forum is different and like you said your just getting started. You have a idea now how this one works.

Welcome and Good luck with your new toy and keep asking questions.

Timmy390

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
My front fenders came in boxing from the manufacture (Blue Oval Industries). All the vendor did was sell them and slap a shipping label on them.

I've ordered a few sheet metal parts (WH, DC and JBG) and all arrived in perfect condition.

Shippers treat packages like CRAP.......I think most of them are ex-baggage handlers.

Tim

OP
OP
N

nsdq3

Fed ex, UPS and USPS are all knuckle draggers, that is a given. However to run a business where your product is delivered as intended you have to account for that. I send out my components with all 4 sides lined with 1 to 2 inches of foam and all void spaces filled. If it is heavy, the box or container gets banded to prevent separation.

I get it, I do. I guess one of the biggest frustrating parts of this equation is that I ordered two kick panels, a driver side firewall and a passenger toe board and paid just shy of $100 shipping. I have shipped 300 lb. crates from VA to AZ for just a hair more than that. I would expect some care taken in packaging for that cost.

It is what it is, but solely blaming shippers isn't the 100% answer

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I ordered a radiator thru summit racing, after three radiators later, and it was not summits fault, it was one of the carrier they used, I got a refund. Every time a radiator came in , it looked like it was dropped or something was set on top of it. Ordered a aluminum radiator for my dodge Cummins out of California, and they used the same carrier that summit used, guess what it was damaged, they sent me another one and it was damaged ,but I was able to straighten the mounting tap on the second radiator. All the radiators were packed very well, but the way they were handled damaged them.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Show us a picture of the problem. I bet they would all straighten themselves out installed on a Bronco with a few sheet metal screws to the original braces and a few taps with a hammer after tacking the perfect areas.