• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Speedometer with an atlas

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I searched and found this question asked many years ago but no answers, I'm hoping someone knows now.

What is the thread size and pitch for the cable on the back of the speedometer?

Last edited:

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I went and measured mine since it was sitting in the garage. Its right at 5/8"-18. The O.D. measures .620, might be a little worn. Hope it helps!

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Had a reason for asking about the thread size on the speedometer head. I had not installed a cable due to I couldn't bring myself to spend the dollars for a custom cable for a speedometer I wasn't sure I was going to keep, but was tired of keeping up with a GPS. Found and easy an inexpensive fix. If you have an atlas a speedometer cable for a 76 cheby c10 with cruise control works perfectly. There's a few choices in length that should work with most any combination and was $13 off the shelf at orielly's.