• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help with RAMPAGE SOFT TOP <-----

in2broncoz

just purchased a new rampage soft top....Cant figure out where they want you to drill hole for door post?? Picture/drawing is very unclear... Please post picture of placement..

Thank you

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
just purchased a new rampage soft top....Cant figure out where they want you to drill hole for door post?? Picture/drawing is very unclear... Please post picture of placement..

Thank you

Don't drill the piller. There's a great work - around to not drill holes in your bronco. If others don't chime in with details and pics soon I will. Don't want to do this from my phone.

Last edited:
OP
OP
in2broncoz

in2broncoz

Thanks all...
One of my problems look to be , not enough room for the post if fitted in the door jam..so I'm leaning toward a S bend from the first bed hole.
Have to break out my " Hmmmmmmmm" with chin in hand of course.

Last edited:

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Fab two metal plates, ~1" X 3", trim ~3/8" off of the bottom of the rampage door frame rod so it just sits on the B pillar instead of penetrating it and you're golden.

BTbronco

here you go.
i did the same with my top but i welded the post to the plate.
RampageBedrailMod1_zps16845057.jpg

lawnmower00

Did anyone not drill the holes on the windshield frame?

I love this mod for the door posts. Picked up some steel today to do it. Before I drill by the windshield I wanted to see if everyone needed the button on the edge of the windshield frame. Thanks for your help

Thanks!

abn373

Contributor
Loc.
Charleston, SC
Did anyone not drill the holes on the windshield frame?

I love this mod for the door posts. Picked up some steel today to do it. Before I drill by the windshield I wanted to see if everyone needed the button on the edge of the windshield frame. Thanks for your help

Thanks!

I think for any top, including bikini tops, you would need the snaps on the windshield. I have had both the Kayline and Bestop and a bikini and I am not sure you can do without because you would have silly tabs flapping around without being snapped.

lawnmower00

I think for any top, including bikini tops, you would need the snaps on the windshield. I have had both the Kayline and Bestop and a bikini and I am not sure you can do without because you would have silly tabs flapping around without being snapped.

Okay... thanks! There was a workaround for the door post so I thought.... mayyyyyybe.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply! Have a great weekend!