• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parking brake spreader bar

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
I'm getting my bronco ready for a tag inspection and noticed I'm missing a parking brake spreader bar on the rear passenger side. I don't really want to wait for a vendor to ship one and the parts house here doesn't know what I'm talking about. Attached is a picture of the toms part. Does anyone know a part number/brand for these I could pick up at an O'Reilly/pep boys/napa? Its going on my 67 with 10" brakes
8285ba6849c72b97f59dc82ae966a60a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Equalizer bar

Bitch'nBronco,

It is called an equalizer bar. Take the one you have from the other side and match to the HELP section at your local parts store. An internet search finds them at Advance Auto Parts and other outlets.

v/r,

SevenT

Last edited:

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, I would think your junk yard would have it. It may be called a parking brake link.
There is also a curled up spring to go with it, the parking brake link spring. The spring pushes on the primary
( front) shoe.
Good luck

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Thanks! I'll give that a shot. Not sure how I missed installing the bar when I was putting the new shoes in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk