• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Advice needed on Bronco purchase

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Guys, I s been a while since I last was a steady member here, but it seems that I have run into another diamond in the rough. 71 full top, everything's there. 302, body, floor pans, and kick panels look good. Lady asking 5k. Not running, but probably only needs plugs and clean fuel.. Comments?

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Sounds pretty good, from the limited description

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dukeflr

Loc.
Yuma
Wow KB! Do it! I was hoping you would jump back in the game. What direction would you go this time? LUBR, street or nasty trail rig? Post some pics.

5k is about the minimum to buy any EB out this way too. Sounds like it could be a keeper.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
There are pics that a relative of mine took. The truck is in pretty good shape for what it is. For now, I am just interested in getting it running and fixing all of the daily driver type items. If I buy it, it will stay uncut and will be a frame off resto like my last one.

D ROCK

Sounds terrible...Where's she located?;D

Just kidding, sounds like a deal. Better grab it before somebody else does.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Keith, I hope it's a good one for you. If you make it anywhere close to what you did with Pistola it will be great! It is still one of my favorites.

Good to see you back.

Thanks man! The wife is not too sure this time around. I miss Pistola and from what I understand, the guy I sold it to sold it to someone in CA. Maybe we'll see it turn up here.

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
D Rock, it's a long ways from NC! Lol! It's hidden in an oak thicket a couple of hours from here. Brother in law spotted it for me. It's got some real cool history too, which of course will be part of naming the project.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Will be pretty tough for you to beat the history on Pistola... Hope it works out just so we can hear the story behind it.

The way prices keep rising I'm sure the seller made some money off it. Wonder if he past on the story behind it....

Sooo when are you picking it up????

OP
OP
akb3

akb3

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Will be pretty tough for you to beat the history on Pistola... Hope it works out just so we can hear the story behind it.

The way prices keep rising I'm sure the seller made some money off it. Wonder if he past on the story behind it....

Sooo when are you picking it up????

Well, it will probably be after the new year if I in fact do decide to buy it. The Bronco is coming from the original owner's family which is a ranch family in Texas. I hope to have it soon.