• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Connection Meet/Greet Sat Oct 13th

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Looks like I'll be leaving a little earlier...no problem.;D Can hardly wait anyway. Looking forward to meet all who attend and seeing Dan's shop. Sure wish I could afford to hand my 76 over to them for a complete makeover.

Casadejohnson,
What time do you think you'll be arriving in Lincoln? I have a full EB but we could drive up together. I'm going to try and head out around 7:30. If your interested send me a PM and I will send you my number.

Fred

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
Looks like I'll be leaving a little earlier...no problem.;D Can hardly wait anyway. Looking forward to meet all who attend and seeing Dan's shop. Sure wish I could afford to hand my 76 over to them for a complete makeover.

Casadejohnson,
What time do you think you'll be arriving in Lincoln? I have a full EB but we could drive up together. I'm going to try and head out around 7:30. If your interested send me a PM and I will send you my number.

Fred

I'm not sure what time we will get in yet. It all will hinge on when I get off work. I'm guessing we won't be in by 7:30 so if I'm able to make it up I'll probably be a little late. I'll shoot you a PM and get your info just incase the timeline works out. I'm not 100% sure I'll make it but I'm going to try.

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Twenty four more hours and we will be heading to the Connection. Hope to see you all there! :cool:

gritz

I am coming without a bronco,but does anyone have a guess how many are coming?

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would like to know also. Give me a number! Who's coming and how many in your group? :p

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Two in my group. The wife backed out today. Said she needed to work on her studies.%) And the 76 will be there.;D

Less than eighteen hours to go!!!:cool:;D

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are we ready to "connect"? LOL! :-X It will be a long day for me. I have to be to work by 4A.M. so I can duck out and make the event. Looking forward to seeing everyone there, and putting faces to the names! Have a safe trip there and back! Happy Trails! :cool:

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Yep, I'm ready! Unfortunately it looks like rain tomorrow, oh well, it will still be fun. Take your time to drive safe and will see you all tomorrow.

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Speaking for the group I was with, we had a blast! The ladies even had fun even though at times I thought they looked bored with all of us guys asking questions and talking Bronco. Dan and the crew were very courteous and eager to answer questions.

After a long shop tour with alot of questions answered, The Connection even provided a great lunch for us. Yeah ... I probably ate a few to many of those (low fat) ;) cookies (did Katie make those?), but hey!

I will post a few pics that we took along the way. I forgot my camera, but the wife was wise enough to bring hers in case I happened to forget? :p Feel free to add any pics you other guys may have taken during the day.

Thank you Dan and ALL of the Bronco Connection family. It was a fun and informative day for all. It was great to see other Bronco enthusiasts and talk Bronco for a few hours. I hope that we can do something like this again in the future. Maybe a trail ride west river South Dakota? We could call it the BCC (Bronco Connection Connection)?

Hmmmmm... :)

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is a pic of Fred's (gnsteam) 1976 Bronco. Very clean and original. Fred and his son drove this truck to the Connection so we could all admire it. Thanks Fred!

Attachments

• steam 1.jpg
    steam 1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 34
  • STEAM 3.jpg
    STEAM 3.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 28
  • STEAM 2.jpg
    STEAM 2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is the "other Fred's" (FJB) halfcab. (Yeah ... we had TWO Fred's!) Sweet running truck that he also brought so we could all admire it. Made me miss driving Ol' Red all the more. :cry:

Thanks for sharing Fred. It was good to see that I am not the only short Bronco guy out there too! :p

Attachments

• FREDS HALF 3.jpg
    FREDS HALF 3.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 33
  • FRED HALF 2.jpg
    FRED HALF 2.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is a pic of the Jones family at work. Dan's wife hard at it working the hog ring pliers doing her thing with the seat upolstery. I had a long chat with her and she does beeeeuatiful work! I could not take my eyes off the blue houndstooth seats she was working on! Very impressive work!

Dan's daughter is in charge of public relations handing out pen's and greeting people (and she says she's shy! Ha!). I don't think the paper clip necklaces are in the parts catolog yet, but as you can see everyone is wearing them so I am sure they will quickly become the fad! :cool:

Attachments

• hard workers!.jpg
    hard workers!.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I took a short vid of the lineup of Broncos that Dan has. I willl try to get it to post so you can have a look. I think maybe my truck that is being restored is in the beginning of the video? %)

It keeps coming up as an invalid file. It's not a big deal just shows all the vehicles lined up and my Bronco is setting behind one that is sitting sideways right in the beginning.

Last edited:
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is a picture of a couple of the Bronco ladies that were present. My lovely wife on the left, and my friend Dennis' girl on the right. Dennis stepped out of the pic, so I am guessing he's either camera shy or afraid he might be recognized from one of the local wanted posters! Haha!

Attachments

• THE LADIES.jpg
    THE LADIES.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One of many Broncos that Dan has restored that is nearly ready for delivery. To think that this truck will be in the Lousiana mud very soon!

Attachments

• LOUISIANA.jpg
    LOUISIANA.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 60
  • LOUISIANA 2.jpg
    LOUISIANA 2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have more pics to post as soon as I get them downloaded from the camera. I apologize that I was not able to properly introduce myself to everyone, and did not get pictures of everyone for that reason. I feel people are more likely to not mind having their picture taken if they actually know the person taking the picture. One more reason that we need to do this again next year! ;D

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
It was good to meet you all! Had a great time and looked at some nice Broncos. Thanks to you all and Thanks to Bronco Connection for the hospitality! I'll post the photos I took once they get downloaded to my computer.

OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is one shot of Dan's stable. It is only about halfway up the line, as there are quite a few more that are not in this pic!

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
greatguy57078

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is a shot of the only two Broncos that were available Saturday. We did drive down in a Bronco I guess, but it was my friend Dennis' '92 Bronco (far left). He has the bug now, and I know where there is a decent '69 with his name on it!

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 44

plumbdoctor

Loc.
Golden
Marty, I will be in Norfolk for thanksgiving, and would like to meet up with you again. I have some pics of the "turd" for you to see

Keith