• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parts supplier for the Canadian market

PC Bronco

Would anyone know of a Early Bronco parts supplier that is located in Canada?
I'm looking to upgrade to power steering and power brakes.. I can't find anything north of the boarder. Shipping to Canada from the US is very costly. Especially for the heavy steering box.. Thanks!

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
mmmm...not that I know of...closest to Ontario is the grave yard. I believe a lot of guys bite the bullet on shipping or take a road trip to the states...you might be able to find a member close to the border to you and have the parts shipped there then go pick them up?

stoker

What part of the country are you in? I’m on the east coast and have been into Broncos for 30 plus years. There are no Bronco supply houses in Canada. You can get a lot of things but no dedicated Bronco suppliers. There are some hoarders who have some parts they may be willing to sell but that can be hit or miss. If you can find a used PS box it can be rebuilt for a reasonable cost.

Redbark

I live in BC. I haven't found a reasonable Canadian source for parts. I'm about 3 hours from the border, so I wait until I have a decent sized order then have it shipped to a package holding service at a border town in Washington State. That's the most economical way I've found, but only works if you're a reasonable striking distance to the border.
You'll have to pay GST and PST once you re-enter Canada, but there should not be any duty on auto parts. That could change with the new NAFTA.

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
Echo to what Redbark says. I'm in Surrey BC, about 5 min from the border. I maintain a PMB in Blaine WA and get parts shipped there and bring them across. So far - knock on wood - I haven't been stung for any duty. Haven't brought any big dollar items over though.