• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Checked the oil and put gas in it---then drove 125 miles through the mountains yesterday.

Car show in Oakely, Utah, The Canyons, Park City, Deer Valley, Guardmans Pass, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Brighton, Solitude---my stops along the way.

You put gas in your oil?

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Pulled her out of the garage and washed / cleaned her up from last weekend wheeling !!!
Added fuel stabilizer since no more outings until nov !
Noticed an RR brake fluid leak when i put her back in to the garage ... oh well .. something for next weekend to look at ;D ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6808.JPG
    IMG_6808.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN1165.jpg
    DSCN1165.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 160

Colorado75Bronc

Loc.
Colorado Springs
well i drive it everyday, but i installed the vintage air heater box and a/c compressor bracket, rebuilt the 31spline fw 9" and swapped it in, built a headlight harness to run on relays for my new h-4's, bought a set of latemodel heads for m fuelly351w and just finished a 3g conversion that cost me 20 bucks at the junkyard, that's been the best thing i've done to it so far to the truck, and the least expensive, this has all been in the last month, i just bought the calipers and a few other things for the fw front hp dana44, it looks pretty goofy driving around with a fullwidth rear and stock d30 front. the 3g swap was yesterday, today i'll probably install the water temp, volt, and oil pressure guages. i just can only do so much as it is my only daily driver

fla67

:) was able to drive her to work today:)
I love getting to talk to people at every stop light. What year is that? My dad had one while I was growing up ... etc. Makes a usually boring drive rather interesting.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
what have you done to your bronco today?

Trying to get my new seats mounted in the ole girl for OCBR. Started out with a cage seat mount thing but didn't like it, so I am backing up to go just to the floor for now and then tying into the cage later (somehow?) so I worked on fabbing a seat platform (not finished)

Ben

Attachments

• DSC01044 (640 x 480).jpg
    DSC01044 (640 x 480).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC01045 (640 x 480).jpg
    DSC01045 (640 x 480).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 133

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
what have you done to your bronco today?

Oh yeah, I also finished up my 9" skidplate. I did some pretty good damage last year at OCBR when I sat it down hard on a large pointed rock. Welded the piss out of it and just kept making it worse. Finally patched it up and decided this would be good insurance for this years OCBR. Wild horses skid plate and I beleive it's 3/16. I see Currie sells the same one, so I would guess that currie is building them and WH is reselling them but whatever it's a nice peice. By the way for anyone looking to install one, it will take some heat and large hammer to get it to conform to the shape of the 9' so you can weld it up.

Ben

Attachments

• DSC01047.jpg
    DSC01047.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 132

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I started to replace my Headers, now I am pulling the motor, trans., and Tranfer Case. I seem to be heading the wrong way again. I have tried not to pull the motor, however the frame is dirty and the engine compartment needs paint too. I thought I would do this at another time. Only I have been tooling on it for nearly two years and still have at least six months ahead of me. It is the addiction calling...

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
My wife and my fourteen month daughter got a ride to Jones Beach for the first time since we purchased the bronco, and they really love it. Usually only my 4 year old drives with me most of the time.

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Installed rebuilt 3rd with ARB and 31 spline axles.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Frank finally let me install his t/g carpet. He's worried the snaps will make it dangerous for the dogs that jump onto the t/g (when the carpet is removed, of course), but I put them out of the way.

I also started on a dash extension to hide all the hoses & wires & crap. No pics of that yet, but I get the feeling he's anxious for it to look nice for OCBR.

HavaBronco

Loc.
Lake Havasu City
I finished installing a new aux fuel tank from JBG on Friday night, so today I of course replaced the one fuel line that I thought was ok. Took my hounds to the dog park this morning and noticed the steady drip of gas from the viscinty of the new tank.%) 1/2 hour of work and 2 hours cleaning the gas smell off because I was in to big a hurry friday to go buy 1.50 worth of 3/8 line. :p Afterward I washed the bronco and drank a beer so it's all good. ;D
Chuck

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Got my son involved in some real work on the 68.
Performed the disc brake swap.
Found out I was missing a few parts, so I'll have to finish this week.

rhino2104

Seats and belts arrived today (or yesterday rather) from Tom's. Still waiting on the stuff from WH. Can't wait till tomorrow so I can buy more parts ;D Just have to figure out if I want to buy the brake upgrade kit or the power steering first. Both are going to be purchased before I even get back to the truck just need to figure out which one is first is all.

Hors'nround

Loc.
Spruce Grove Alberta
This weekend I was able to fix my main gas tank, it was leaking at the sending unit (rubber gasket was in rough shape).

Installed my steering stabilizer.

I'm about half done on my overhead console, installed my CB.

I'm currently trying to figure out the best place to install a mount for my rifle, I'm using the Kolpin rack clamps that I'll be attaching to my roll bar or something of the like.

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Work has certainly been getting in the way of EB projects but my recently completed tasks include:

Re-terminated MSD plug wires so they don’t look like a spaghetti explosion. (The cut and crimp block by MSD worked great on the 8.5 S-C wires.)

New brake shoes, wheel cylinders, and cleaned and painted backing plates etc..

Changed grease in D44, D20, and 9”. The 44 vent hose was cracked but grease looked good. The 9” vent hose was missing and the grease was milky; I’ll run the new grease a couple of weeks and change again.

Repaint and install door panels with some clean used paddles/cups from BlazeOfGlory – thanks Jeff. Had to destroy one armrest just to get it off – time had already destroyed the other.

Tried to build one good washer bottle from the best parts of several; waste of time – will just order new.

Pulled the driver’s seat; cleaned and re-lubed the tracks etc.

Good Thread! :)

Attachments

• camera 008 (Medium).jpg
    camera 008 (Medium).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 95

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
NICE Marco! jumped in mine yesterday and put about 60 miles on "with no particular place to go..."