• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gauge cluster refurbishing

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
27647100522_dfa34595af_h.jpg

27647117372_58dd85810d_h.jpg

Last edited:

bsquared

Contributor
Kevin,

You must have ESPN! I am IN for the voltmeter conversion and refurb. Just jacked the Bronco up last night for the 5.0 swap Will pull the cluster and get it your way with details.

Great post, B2

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
do you have any suggestions on what it takes to get the gauges to read correctly. My fuel gauge reads 7/8 tank when full, my temp gauge reads 160 when engine is at 180, and I am sure that the oil pressure is reading low at 35 psi. I had this problem on my 1972 eb (in 1978) and a friend added an electrical thingy (resister?) accross the gauge cluster voltage regulator contacts and everything was fine after that. Now my 1977 eb has the same problem. Is my regulator voltage incorrect?

OP
OP
fallingdown

fallingdown

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
do you have any suggestions on what it takes to get the gauges to read correctly. My fuel gauge reads 7/8 tank when full, my temp gauge reads 160 when engine is at 180, and I am sure that the oil pressure is reading low at 35 psi. I had this problem on my 1972 eb (in 1978) and a friend added an electrical thingy (resister?) accross the gauge cluster voltage regulator contacts and everything was fine after that. Now my 1977 eb has the same problem. Is my regulator voltage incorrect?

Make sure you have a good ground and your senders are reading properly. You shouldn't have to add any resistors to the IVR.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
they look great! another fine job there kevin.
it is so worth it to send them in and get them serviced ahead of time, rather than deal with chasing issues later like a bouncing needle towards the end of a build.

from now on any build we do using a stock speedo head, it will go through your shop before being installed in our trucks.