• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Power Steering box

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
SO WHAT'S the going cost for having your 4 turn gear boxes . resealed or rebuilt..
I have one I bought from another member from another SIGHT . But I stole it. ..But I'd like to have it texted & resealed before putting into play.
... Do Most of you still use West Texas . Or PSC. I used PSC once in the past & I was very happy with them.. Psc is about 60 miles from me where WTS. is about 200+ from me..
But most of all what the today cost .. & Do I ask just for a reseal job . & They'll test their work. OR Do I need to ask for a reseal job & Test the unit ..
Normally asking that get's 2 charges . AS Normal I want out as cheap as possible ...
....... Some one tell me where to go.

Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Sorry about nobody hitting ya up Pa.

I have never had this done so I have been watching your thread.

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. OK Thanks .. I had mine on the Camo Bronco done years ago.
But I sent it to PSC .. It came back as a 3.25 box.. I think I spent about 125.00 but that was about 10 years ago.
I'm ok with this box staying a 4 turn, But it's supposed to have a light leak . So All I'm want is them to test it & reseal it.

hogfan

Ryan did my 4x4x2 box and its very nice. Highly recommend blue top steerng.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Pa, I had a six-turn box done about five yrs ago. It was rebuilt by West Texas Off Road for about $125 plus shipping and handling. I have a 76-77 box that I plan to have rebuilt in the near future.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I have sent a few to WTO no issues with them, not sure how much they do to a box.

If you are close to PSC and can drop off and pick up that would probably save you $50

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
YES I was pleased with PSC.. I'M JUST WONDERING WHAT the going price to reseal it.
I'm planning on resealing mine & giving this 4 turn to my running Buddy & taking his 6 turn & putting it on the Red Bronco to sale. or to use while it sets in my shop getting built.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The last EB one I had rebuilt by WTO was around $175. More recently I had one done by Blue Top. That is far from a reseal..they do a total rebuilt including an improved sector shaft bearing design, if I recall correctly. And tapped it for hydro-assist. Problem is...I don' recall what they charged!..gettin' old is hell.:p

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I just had my four turn box rebuilt for $325 locally, so no shipping.
There's a lot more to these things than what's included in the rebuild kits.
Mine was leaking from the seal between the input shaft and the torsion bar that's inside it, so they replaced the input shaft.
Also mine needed slightly larger balls because of wear on the worm shaft.
I previously had the box rebuilt about twenty years ago, and it still had slack in it. This rebuild tightened up the steering nicely.

Jolly Roger

I used AGR out of Texas. They do the rebuilds for the ICON broncos.
Just got mine back on 11/27. You can elect to do everything below or just the rebuild.

Gearbox rebuild $295.00
Ratio change to 4.25 turns lock to lock $100.00
Modern Valving and 204 torsion bar $100.00
New sector shaft $100.00
Shipping $41.00

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Those steering boxes should fit in a flat rate box. I shipped one to Cali for 18 bucks in one. It was a 4x4x2 gear, Ken

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Those steering boxes should fit in a flat rate box. I shipped one to Cali for 18 bucks in one. It was a 4x4x2 gear, Ken

I did mine in a flat rate box as well, plus added a tad of insurance. I seem to recall around $20 to WTO. But the return shipping was close to $50 because they put it in a big ole box and foamed the crap out of it. They even painted it black and gave me WTO yellow stickers.