• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door and window assembly

Jp76

Loc.
Cave Creek, AZ
Anyone have a link to a good video on full door assembly or even a great detail pic? After 3 years of reno, I have the door actuators and outside handles installed to open the doors, but I still need to figure out the mess of rods, etc for the locks, inner handles, windows, etc. (picture I took taking them apart are long gone). Thanks!

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Here are some pics that might help. I also included a reassembly note I made when I took mine apart. Hope this helps some. Ken

Attachments

• door latch1.jpg
    door latch1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 82
  • door latch2.jpg
    door latch2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 80
  • door latch3.jpg
    door latch3.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 74
  • door latch4.jpg
    door latch4.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 68
  • door assembly2.jpg
    door assembly2.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 82

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
You should have 4 rods coming off the door latch. The longest rod with the square piece at the end is the inner door handle. That square piece has 2 threaded rods to attach to the inner handle. The longer threaded rod is the door lock knob up top. The shortest rod is the lock cylinder. The rod with the sleeve on it is the exterior door handle. Window regulator is separate from all of this

Post any pics of what you have and I can label them as I just did mine this weekend

OP
OP
Jp76

Jp76

Loc.
Cave Creek, AZ
Sorry for the delay - travlin. I got everything sorted out, but have one last question/issue. I ordered all new rod clips, and they work great except for the door lock (new). The holes on the door lock are too small for the clips to push through - is there a possibility that the holes are different sizes for 66-67 locks and I was mistakenly sent the 66-67 locks? If so, I can just order a couple clips for those, but not sure if that is even the case. I even tried to modify a clip, but it didnt work; next I was going to try to drill out the hole on the lock, but it is sketchy with no tolerance for mistakes.

Thoughts?

And once I get this door lock rod clip figured out, I am going to start from scratch and assemble everything on video.
Thanks!