• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another alternative idea for a top?

trekgurl

So, I've had this idea for a while and I kept getting grief about my "plywood" top ;D so I decided to come up with a non wood solution. Now this thing is just about complete and what better place to get feedback as this board has some of the most enthusiastic and brutally honest people about anything EB. This thing is not for the "original OEM look" so I can't help you guys there but for all the rest of us who modify the heck out of our EBs.

Let the beatings begin %)

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Its got a clean look to it... I kinda like it.
Do you have a rear view of it?

77Bronco636

For the cage you are running with it I think it looks great!!! You might be on to something here!!!:cool:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Very nice lines. Like it a lot.
You could add some kind of a "character line" or feature on that side panel to more fully integrate it into the Bronco shape. But the overall lines are very clean, so it's not really necessary to do something like add to the side panels.
Just that it's a relatively large section of panel and I thought it would look good with something extra.

Like a window would be great! But very hard to do any kind of window in that panel and still have it look as good as you have it now.
Maybe put that same eye to aesthetics as you already used, and make it work.;):cool:

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and don't forget the ceramic coating and lizard skin to keep the sun at bay and the sound down!

Paul

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Somebody got skills. Just needs overhead light pockets and tilt up mechanisms just like the Baja racers use to use.

JeffG

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I agree with the other comments. It looks really good. Does it have a window/lexan or is the back just open?

OP
OP
T

trekgurl

you two have got the roots of this thing pegged

Originally Posted by Rustytruck View Post
Just needs overhead light pockets and tilt up mechanisms just like the Baja racers use to use.

With some big Cibié Super Oscars!;D
Retro-coolest...

I had think about that,,,, It's not going to be a racer but its taken some of that retro look DNA along with some useless embellishment (but it looks cool to me) :cool: . It is planned to have some big ole honking lights but I was thinking a slightly different approach and incorporating some of the same characteristics. The fab guy may chase me away with axe ;D if I keeping coming u with stuff but he has no worries as my pocketbook will run out before that. Here's where its at now and supposed to get it minus the top tomorrow so I can drive it.

The top is still under construction as we're working out the back and how we can make it "tie in" with my truck but also maybe a universal look that someone else can possibly use. This top is a open back design,,, so a more than a bikini top and not quite a full enclosed half cab. You can still get the open air wind effect and all you tall guys (n gals) can't breathe a little easier as I'm 5'11" and big hair. ;D It will be raptor lined and I will report on the "noise" factor after road testing. This top was made from scratch, (flat sheets of aluminium) no plans or design, just a crazy idea, some photos and his mad skills.

Be nice about my paint scheme ,,, at least I didn't make it pink;D