• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does this discount exist?

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
You know one thing I have not seen is a Military discount from any of our vendors. Not throwing anyone under a bus, but in all things USA, I feel this sight sweats and bleeds it. Here we have a classic American vehicle being kept alive by what I feel are patriotic individuals. I would bet money that a large percentage of us are vetrans in our fine military.
Although a nice thought of a discount, how would we show the vendor proof that we are indeed veterans, copy of a lined-out DD214, scan of a VA ID card? Not sure but it would be cool. Just throwing it out there vendors. lol

That is why I love Home Depot and Lowes. 10% on everything. Not to sound like I am taking advantage of a system, but I figured hey it's worth a shot.

My wife will not go anywhere without asking if they offer a military discount. As much as I hate it when she does that, sometimes places surprise you with one. Why it is not more advertised for more business is beyond me.

jcpetrson

I couldn't agree with you more that giving back to Veterans would go farther for this group of bandits than say the 240z recyclers but these vendors seem to be more of the mom and pop companies and didn't discount too much over the holidays. Seems that TBP was the only one that provided a 10% discount.

HD and Lowes gives 10% to Vets? That could have saved me thousands over the years. D'oh!

ransil

Bronco Guru
Here is a service for online Vet verification , look like the vendor & vets just need to sigh up. I have not tried it yet.

I have save a lot of money at Lowes & home depot using the 10% discount.

https://www.troopid.com/

Dusty

Bronco Guru
The way we do it at my company is simply ask the person to email us a scan or digital pic of their military ID. They can hold their thumb over any sensitive info. It works well for us since we only offer it to active duty, and they should all have a current ID. Unfortunately we sell Jeep parts :(

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
The way we do it at my company is simply ask the person to email us a scan or digital pic of their military ID. They can hold their thumb over any sensitive info. It works well for us since we only offer it to active duty, and they should all have a current ID. Unfortunately we sell Jeep parts :(

Realize everyone that asking for a copy of a military ID is an issue. It is illegal to provide anyone with a copy of a military ID. Many do it, but it is illegal and you are putting someone in jepardy by asking for it. Lowes and HD only require you to show it for the discount. One of many articles explaining the issue.

KDW66

I buy most everything from Tom's. Usually less expensive and great service. Also excellent tech when I did my disk install. All I have to do is tell them I'm a VET and they hook me up with a discount.

turbotim2

Home Depot doesn't give a discount anymore, at least not here. I always try to go to Lowes for that reason.

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All I have to do is tell them I'm a VET and they hook me up with a discount.

Exactly, all you have to do is ask. Every EB vendor has discounted for me, and I believe that I have bought something from each of them over the years.

Roger

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Home Depot doesn't give a discount anymore, at least not here. I always try to go to Lowes for that reason.

Tim,

They do now. For a while they went to a test run of emailed coupons, must have failed though because they sent me an email saying that they were done with that and went back to the ID card and also ask for a phone number.

I bought over 300 bucks of merchandise at the Topsham store the day after Christmas and they gave me the 10 percent off.

Roger

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
why don't you just call a Bronco vendor or two and ask if they'll provide a military discount if you buy something. hate to say it but discussing it on a forum won't answer your question.

turbotim2

Tim,

They do now. For a while they went to a test run of emailed coupons, must have failed though because they sent me an email saying that they were done with that and went back to the ID card and also ask for a phone number.

I bought over 300 bucks of merchandise at the Topsham store the day after Christmas and they gave me the 10 percent off.

Roger

OK I'll have to check that out, Thanks Roger!

Tuck

I use the Lowes discount regularly. The only weird thing is their Veteran's Day special. Before they made it full time, that was the only time you'd get the discount (I think Memorial Day weekend too). Now, they don't really do anything above & beyond, it's just the only time they allow employees to ask if you're a vet. They build it up big, but there's no change to the normal discount. Not complaining here though...anyone who offers a military discount is much appreciated. Most of the major auto parts stores give 10% too. I'm losing the active duty-only discounts in June...finally retiring!