• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oem single exhaust

brad smith

Loc.
tupelo ,ms
Does anyone know where I can purchase the oem style exhaust and hangers for a 74 bronco v8? Thanks in advance

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Have you checked with Jeff's bronco graveyard? There has been several people doing them and have advertised here on this site you might can do a search good luck.

OP
OP
brad smith

brad smith

Loc.
tupelo ,ms

Thanks ford man. Yea I google it and jeffs came up as a kit like the oem style so I called and the guy that I talked to said all they offer was the dual exhaust. But it popped up showing the kit and all on the website. I would like to get as close to the hangers as possible on my restore.
Would you suggest dual or go back single. Thanks

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Jeff's, NPD, and CJ Pony all sell the Precision Exhaust system. It is close but not a true repro. The Y-pipe is pretty close and the muffler is correct but the tailpipe is not correct. Shelton Manufacturing made a true repro but he sold the business a while back and the new owners no longer offer it. The precision kit is as close as one can get off the shelf now.

As far as the hangers, I found a Mustang part that was nearly identical to the rear mount but the forward mount(by the muffler) is Bronco specific. Shelton was reproducing those as well but like above the new owners don't.

I have a bunch of hangers I collected over the years and may have a set that you could clean up and replace the rubber on and be good to go.

Shoot me a PM if interested. I will have to dig them out and see what I have left.

OP
OP
brad smith

brad smith

Loc.
tupelo ,ms
Hanger

Or if you could tell me where you saw the rear one at for the mustang. I may will just have one to refurbish. Thanks again.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
Thanks ford man. Yea I google it and jeffs came up as a kit like the oem style so I called and the guy that I talked to said all they offer was the dual exhaust. But it popped up showing the kit and all on the website. I would like to get as close to the hangers as possible on my restore.
Would you suggest dual or go back single. Thanks
Single. With the brake, fuel and electrical running down the drivers side, duals are a pita.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Here are pics of the hangers I have. The first is the forward hanger(muffler inlet). The second is the rear hanger. The bottom tab is broken off. Third is a misc. mount that has the correct tab that can be used to repair the rear mount. Lemme know if you need them.

Attachments

• Forward.jpg
    Forward.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Misc.jpg
    Misc.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 26