• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What does this part do?

snoddas

Hi,
This part is mounted in the middle of the rear brake line, brake lines goes through it (in and out). It seems like a air bleed in the bottom.

1974 Ford bronco

Have never seen such part working with brakes.

/Anders

Attachments

• E8EC8107-76C2-4E44-8C98-F9193B3208A6.jpg
    E8EC8107-76C2-4E44-8C98-F9193B3208A6.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 377
OP
OP
snoddas

snoddas

Looks like its stock and the car was leaving the fabrication plant with it.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Heavily crusted parking brake cable, I think that too. So the kinda like a long thick spring so the PB cable doesn’t kink

OP
OP
snoddas

snoddas

Its not the parking cable. Its the one which are mounted on the frame with brake line in and out of it.

rmk57

Looks like whats left of an old line lock or an adjustable brake bias valve.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Are the brakes all original (drum/drum or disc/drum)? If not, best guess is somebody added that, whatever it is, during some sort of brake upgrade. Could be multiple things, including a line lock, prop valve, LBS, etc, but it's really hard to say one way or the other when it's camouflaged so well with gunk and dirt.

OP
OP
snoddas

snoddas

Are the brakes all original (drum/drum or disc/drum)? If not, best guess is somebody added that, whatever it is, during some sort of brake upgrade. Could be multiple things, including a line lock, prop valve, LBS, etc, but it's really hard to say one way or the other when it's camouflaged so well with gunk and dirt.

Drum/drum 11” front and rear no power assist.
Its no electrical wiring/signal cable routed to it. Just in and out brake line.

Thanks/Anders

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Drum/drum 11” front and rear no power assist.
Its no electrical wiring/signal cable routed to it. Just in and out brake line.

Thanks/Anders

Nothing up through the floor? I had a line lock in a Baja at one time. Worked for a while then wouldn't release.

OP
OP
snoddas

snoddas

Have tried to search the part but hard to find any good key words.

Closest I got its a type of RABS or R-ABS valve. Seems popular on Ford F-trucks but dont know....

I suppose I trash it but would be nice to know what it does.

Its not the parking cable I'm interested in. I know the picture is horrible. Its now in correct direction.

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
snoddas

snoddas

Is it part of your current/working brake system. If so, how is it plumbed/routed? Show some pics of that.

Yes its the current system.

Brake line from brake proportion block goes to the right on the part (in)
Out of the part on the other side (left on part).
Then to the rubber brake hose/line and to each side to the wheel brake cylinders.

Thats it. No wires or such what I can see on the "part"

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Yes its the current system.

Brake line from brake proportion block goes to the right on the part (in)
Out of the part on the other side (left on part).
Then to the rubber brake hose/line and to each side to the wheel brake cylinders.

Thats it. No wires or such what I can see on the "part"

It looks like either a line lock or a delay valve of some sort. Delay valves were meant to help prevent rear brake lock up. It is not a factory part for a North America spec Bronco, but it could be something that was added by Ford or a dealer to meet export requirements to your market in Sweden. If it is acting up it can be removed and discarded.

OP
OP
snoddas

snoddas

It looks like either a line lock or a delay valve of some sort. Delay valves were meant to help prevent rear brake lock up. It is not a factory part for a North America spec Bronco, but it could be something that was added by Ford or a dealer to meet export requirements to your market in Sweden. If it is acting up it can be removed and discarded.

Sounds like it possible could be as you say.
Will remove it and disassamble it, then I maybe understand whats it purpose is.

Thanks for all input.

/Anders

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Looks like some kind of regulator with the adjustment screw and lock nut on the bottom.