• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lonesouth's Tan 77

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
well, i've decided that I don't like the seats, no bolster, makes me feel like I'm going to slide off. so, next chance I get to run to pick n pull, i'll grab something from a bimmer or audi, or maybe a ranger bench.

I've also decided I should go ahead and install the EFI. Its been sitting in my attic for a year, and it should be plug n play, bought from another member. I'll add a thread for it when I start. I've got a guy coming to grab my carb, so the ships have been burned. #Cortez

Bferrari

well, i've decided that I don't like the seats, no bolster, makes me feel like I'm going to slide off. so, next chance I get to run to pick n pull, i'll grab something from a bimmer or audi, or maybe a ranger bench.

Take a look at the mid 90's Toyota Celica seats. They fit nice, are easy to mount and sit a couple inches lower than the stock ones.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
SOWEGA February 2015
DSC_4163_zpsecb521ea.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm not really a fan of the expedition seats in the front. the complete lack of bolster makes them easy to get in/out of, but doesn't feel very secure going around a corner. I'm going to see if I can find a ranger 60/40 bench and give that a shot.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've taken a long break from doing anything on the bronco. As it sits now, the intake is removed and I've got most of what I need for the EFI to bolt on. I also picked up a set of Pacer bullet hole 15x10 wheels that I'll be soda blasting and swapping on.

Going to spend some time tonight getting the garage in order so I can finally get the bronco running again.

1C0B5328-49CC-45A6-89D8-3FF92A8B3DC9_zpsstoswpbd.jpg

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Which upper manifold are you going to use with that Explorer fuel rail?

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can not recommend the BC Broncos fuel line kit. I would have been better off getting them done locally. First there was the issue of fittings that were not correct, they did not have the hump inside for the flared lines. Now, I find the same problem with the fuel filter they included with the kit. The other issue is that the lines do not allow enough room for the t-case cross member, which made its own room by bending the lines when I installed it. If I were doing a frame off install, where I could see everything and easily access and address these issues, then I might use the kit, but even then I would be better off with custom local lines.

I've got the EFI in and running. Going to adjust base timing tonight and button up a few more things, then it is time for a test drive. I do not have the O2 sensors in, so I'll see how it does without them for now.

7AF63F5D-E129-49D3-86EB-8E1758B08A17_zpstezn37fy.jpg

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
nearly done with a gears, spartan lockers front and rear, and extreme custom fab installs. Hey, its only been 6 months in pieces...

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In the past year, I've gotten quite a bit done.

Installed 4.11 gears and spartan lockers front and rear.
Swapped the inverted Y steering to DOM with GM TREs
Installed 93 T-bird EFI
Wife and I had baby #3

Now I'm chasing a vibration at part throttle and above 65mph, installing a Ranger bench seat in the front, and finally getting around to installing my 21 gallon Aero tank.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
nicely done parker ! great progress over the last 8 years ... GL

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
congrats on that baby.. takes away a lot of your time don't it...

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
congrats on that baby.. takes away a lot of your time don't it...

With 3 baby's I don't know how Parker gets anything done but he just keep plugging along. ;D

Great work Parker, Can't wait to see how the Ranger bench turns out.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Recently developed a soft brake pedal. I recently replaced the rear wheel cylinders and rebuilt the rear brakes, all but the drum. I bled the brakes tonight and all bled fine. While I had the front in the air, I put the t-case in front low, and stood on the brakes, and was unable to stop either side from turning. I did this by locking one side at a time, since I have a spartan up front. Didn't see any bulging in the rubber lines.

Stock 77 disc with stock prop valve, booster, and MC. Passenger caliper replaced last year.

Last edited: