• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 Texas Pebble Beige

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Some of you have seen this truck in the classifieds section but I decided I'd start a build thread so some of yall can see what I'm doing with the truck.

I bought this truck off a guy in Maryland. I found it on eBay after purchasing a 1975 on eBay that I decided was too much of a project body and paint/wise. I've always been a huge fan of original paint, owning multiple VW's with original patina, so when the '69 came up I wanted it right away. The auction ended without meeting the reserve so I messaged the seller and we began talking. A couple days later the bronco was heading back to NC on a trailer.

I am thrilled with the purchase and can't wait to get it on the road.

So far I have buffed the paint and made it pretty shiny again. I exchanged the wheels for factory ones. I removed the a/c that was installed. I plan on putting it back in at some point but I want to get the truck legit and driving nicely before I worry about options. I've removed the seat as well as about 3/4 inch of Texas dirt and some shotgun shells. I've installed the main poly gas tank that came with the truck but plan on getting the factory steel tank dipped and cleaned eventually.

Does anyone know where to by replacement pieces for the seat frame? The springs and arms are missing or rusted making the sliders unusable and constantly forward.

I've basically just been doing cleanup as I wait for parts to arrive.

This is the Craigslist ad but I found it on eBay.

I've buffed this side but haven't taken a photo yet.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice looking rig.. Good luck w/the build.

One step at a time. :)

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
That’s a keeper! Nice looking Bronco......

Try posting something in the parts wanted forum. Somebody will have those seat parts...

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
So, what do you need for the drivers seat?? The slider/mounting brackets??

I may have a set in my attic.......if that is what you need, I will check tomorrow.

Dlish

Check with Delconick for the seat parts parts. He advertises in the sale forum and has an insane amount of parts in the warehouse. For big parts like body panels, Delconick stocks a ton too, but most people also check the vendors listed at the top of the page (wildhorses, Duffs, etc)...decide who is closest and least shipping.

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
Check with Delconick for the seat parts parts. He advertises in the sale forum and has an insane amount of parts in the warehouse. For big parts like body panels, Delconick stocks a ton too, but most people also check the vendors listed at the top of the page (wildhorses, Duffs, etc)...decide who is closest and least shipping.

www.northeastclassicfordparts.com is nick and he has a lot of stuff! call him as he can't list everything he has on his site! The other member on here is Tom Carper (ie thebroncoranch) and he has tons of oddball stuff/hardtop find and he's located here in michigan. Truck Looks great, you should have some floor pans too(oh wait I see one in the background) and the aux tank should be new as well. We cleaned the fuel system the best we could as the gas that was in it was varnished and brown.

Truck is looking good, I'm glad it's in the hands of someone who's going to give it some TLC!

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
ps... I have a Michigan plate that says "6BRONCO9" if you want it... shoot me a PM with your addy

chuckyb

Contributor
Congratulations! I think it is an awesome truck, but I am biased with a 68 Pebble Beige!

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Oh nice... I see yours is a bench seat too! I’d love to compare vins and see how close these are. Did yours come with a spare tire carrier?

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
Oh nice... I see yours is a bench seat too! I’d love to compare vins and see how close these are. Did yours come with a spare tire carrier?

I’m guessing the one you have has the mount for a spare on the inside of the tailgate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuckyb

Contributor

Hey green61bug,

Yes, it came equipped with the bench seat. I plan to hang on to it but replace with new buckets and foldable back seat. Mine came equipped with swing-away tire carrier and ranch hand bracket. It’s a March 68 build. VIN details can be found in my albums at the link. http://http://classicbroncos.com/photos/useralbums.php

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Christmas came a little early yesterday.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. Got a bunch of parts in. Mostly brakes. I ordered a front power disc kit from TBP as well as all new stainless lines and factory rear shoes/hardware. Also got some seals, a new heater core and few other pieces.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it all installed. Haha

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Is it easier to get the dash pad out laying the windshield down or pulling the metal dash into the cab some. The top has never been off but I’m going to change that this summer anyways so whatever is easiest route. Maybe the dash has to come out some anyways?

Superwoody

Loc.
Skyline
Christmas came a little early yesterday.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. Got a bunch of parts in. Mostly brakes. I ordered a front power disc kit from TBP as well as all new stainless lines and factory rear shoes/hardware. Also got some seals, a new heater core and few other pieces.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it all installed. Haha

Never mind, I checked TBP.I'm interested in how the kit works with front discs, keep us posted. Great start btw!

Last edited:
OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I will let you know. Got the rear shoes and hardware replaced as well as most of the new lines run.

Plan on getting the booster and master cylinder mounted today. Maybe I can get the front brakes broken down as well. Gotta work mid afternoon... sigh. haha

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I have installed my master cylinder and booster from Toms Bronco Parts. Instructions say to drill and tap intake for vacuum, I am wondering if I could T-off into the PCV valve line. What do you guys think?

Got the driverside brake broken down, cleaning and rebuilding the knuckle. Plan on replacing U-Joints since I have it all out now. Hopefully I'll have it back together tomorrow and can start on the passenger side. Pics this weekend...

Any suggestions on removing and installing U-Joints in the axles would be appreciated.