• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

color choice

fordtruck

Loc.
hardy
finishing up my76 bronco to sell. selling to finish my 74. what is the most desired color so it will have more interest? the factory color was copper metallic with a white top. I have the warflares to install on it so it is already cut. thanks

gavindg

Loc.
Westlake Village
Red for sure, but alot of brighter colors get the most attention especially if they are paying the price for it..

Last edited:

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Boxwood Green, Caribbean Turquoise, Bahama or Brittany Blue are all good...I'd pick something from 76

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Kinda hard to go against its factory color. I personally like pastel colors especially those on Mini Coopers or VW bugs. To me pastels just scream out that era.

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
Even though I hate the color...they say yellow has best resale color because A) it's ugly and the majority of people hate it which makes it a rare color, B) with that said someone who really loves yellow is likely to spend the extra money for the same vehicle if it's yellow vs some other color. The downside is finding that someone which might take longer. This is a proven fact but with the EB'S in such demand right now it might not make a difference other than time to sell if you paint it yellow...good luck!

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd go back to the original color. Looks great with white top, flares and grill.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Kinda hard to go against its factory color. I personally like pastel colors especially those on Mini Coopers or VW bugs. To me pastels just scream out that era.

Even though I hate the color...they say yellow has best resale color because A) it's ugly and the majority of people hate it which makes it a rare color, B) with that said someone who really loves yellow is likely to spend the extra money for the same vehicle if it's yellow vs some other color. The downside is finding that someone which might take longer. This is a proven fact but with the EB'S in such demand right now it might not make a difference other than time to sell if you paint it yellow...good luck!

Always loved original Springtime Yellow rigs, don't think I've ever seen one with new Springtime Yellow, but I'm sure it would be sweet

rydog1130

Bronco Guru
Always loved original Springtime Yellow rigs, don't think I've ever seen one with new Springtime Yellow, but I'm sure it would be sweet

The springtime yellow isn't bad, I should have stated banana yellow isn't my cup of tea, lol overall it is trueyellow cars fetch a little better price especially sports cars which we all know the EB was the first "sport truck" lol

OP
OP
F

fordtruck

Loc.
hardy
Thanks for the feedback. So brighter colors sell better it seems. Not against the yellow either. Stuck between the red/white. Red/black. Copper metallic/black. Haven't really seen a color scheme I am totally against. Guess that's the sickness of a bronco fetish...lol

AxlesUp

Loc.
Collierville TN
I work at a large dealership with new and used inventory.

Retail red is dead. almost every leftover 17 i have is red. the dark metallic reds sell great just not the ferrari red kinda red.

people love the metallic earth tones! black is likely number one. pearl white is super hot right now as well.

In your case i think the original color would do great. normally i would say go for something bright or pastel for an EB.

Tugross302

Here’s my ‘76 copper with white top to give you an idea. I get offers to sell every time I drive it.

Attachments

• 5177BAB2-7010-45A5-A604-5C09AA74F270.jpg
    5177BAB2-7010-45A5-A604-5C09AA74F270.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 98746AD7-2FA0-4751-8D9A-1EB940237375.jpg
    98746AD7-2FA0-4751-8D9A-1EB940237375.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 96

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for the feedback. So brighter colors sell better it seems. Not against the yellow either. Stuck between the red/white. Red/black. Copper metallic/black. Haven't really seen a color scheme I am totally against. Guess that's the sickness of a bronco fetish...lol

Either of those will look good....

OP
OP
F

fordtruck

Loc.
hardy
What's your thoughts on burnt orange with matte black top and leave the gorilla warflares black?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
If your not painting the flairs then use a sporty color. Bright or pastels solid colors.

If your going to classy it up and paint the flairs use classy colors metallic colors or factory poly metallic colors. If you go this way the body work needs to be impeccable and the interior needs to be well done.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
it will sell with the original color and you will not have to work nearly as hard on the paint as you would if you do a color change. save on materials too. black def looks good with your color.