• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Leaf spring hanger?..

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I need the rear/rear spring hanger to replace one that's completely rusted out..and I cannot find an OEM style one. I thought those were easily had?...JBG has them for all the 78-up trucks but shows only a HD plate-fabbed one for the EB.

Anyone got a source?..

4lofun

i got some on my frame. cutting them off soon for 4 link. if you want just pay shipping. and there yours

Sabas

Don't buy te JBG one. If you do, you will have to notch the top portion.
I bought it and tought it was just weld on.. NOT, luckily had a plasma on hand
Sabas

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i got some on my frame. cutting them off soon for 4 link. if you want just pay shipping. and there yours

How soon?....the dr side rear hanger that I need I found to be beyond repair after...yup, you know how it goes..axle on the ground and sprngs off.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
could you make some?

Of course..but for this particular build, I wnted to keep it stock 'looking'.

I have another frame I could chop 'em off of..but its currently my rolling 'body repair' frame and wouldn't be 'rolling' any more if I start hacking it up.%)

4lofun

frame is already stripped, so could take off saturday. wont be home from work till friday.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
lmc truck has them in their catalog

Bingo! Page 65 (and ain't they real PROUD of that metal stamping, huh?) But thanks a million...that will get this lift off the dime. Gotta have it all wrapped up, bumpers made, winch installed and stereo blasting before the Roundup in June.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
frame is already stripped, so could take off saturday. wont be home from work till friday.

Thanks loads..but hold that thought. If LMC dose not have the new ones in stock ready to ship..I'll be baaaack.:cool:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Bill,
I have a back halfed frame if you need it... You take care of the shipping thou...%) ;D

madgyver

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
We bought one a couple years ago from JBG. It was an OEM ford unit. Ranger I think. Your Dealer my have one instock. It was a little wide but sucked down fine.

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Arrrgh! So I receive the new spring hanger from LMC. Got the old mess off and the frame all cleaned up, open up the LMC package and...what they sent me is an F-150 spring hanger!! way too wide to make it work.%)

I double-checkd the part number on what LMC sent me and it matches the one I ordered..that they show on the 66-77 EB frame parts diagram in their catalog.

Hands up...I need one fast.:mad:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like now's the time to convert to a custom wider and longer spring for the EB! Just match the rear one you got with the front ones from a similar truck, consult the spec sheets of the spring manufacturers and voilá! The brand new, Long-Travel-Soft-Riding-Super-Flexy spring conversion from BMC custom creations and vehicle storage facility.

See, just make lemonade, as they say...

Paul

68ford

Bronco Guru
long travel race pack from deaver for a ford ranger. 1/4in wider. 12in or so longer.

stock mount bronco leaf pack, 11in travel max.

deavers for a ranger, 17-18 depending on shckle length.

ride 10 times better ;D

http://waynesbronco.shutterfly.com/369
goes up another 2 inches after clearancing cross member for diff.

http://waynesbronco.shutterfly.com/482

and the drive shaft length only changes 1/16in and the pinion angle doesnt change throughout suspension cycling either ;D

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
'cept I have a brand new set of WH 11-leaf springs sitting on the floor next to the truck. I just need one stock spring hanger.

I rebuilt the front 44 this weekend too. ARB and 4.11 gears..and its all back in on the matching WH front coils. My plan was to get both ends back on axles this weekend....%)

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just noticed that the F-150 hanger puts the spring the correct disatance off the frame and can be cut down to same size on perimeter as an EB hanger. Then I'll take a 1/2" slice out of the width, weld 'er back up and call it good.