• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sanford Maine Sand drags 5/3/09

piack

Loc.
Sanford, Maine
Hey all, looks like the racing will return to Sanford Airport again in '09!

It will be benefit race for Camp Waban which is a program for disabled children.

Scott 357Bronco got us hooked up last year and it was fun. How about a larger Bronco turnout this year? Come beat me again this year...everyone else did.

http://www.neorvca.com/Schedule.htm

Attachments

• donnmeracing.jpg
    donnmeracing.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 83

357Bronco

Loc.
New Hampsha
I plan on defending my title at the Sanford airport, and donating any winnings back to Waban. It's a new tradition for our class, as far as me and a friend of mine are concerned. Although if you don't see me there, I have the best excuse to miss a race.

OP
OP
piack

piack

Loc.
Sanford, Maine
Hey New England Broncos!

This is coming up fast and hope many can make it to support a good cause and have a little fun.

I hope to have the bugs out of my new engine to see how it does. Come and try yours out.

I live nearby, so if you need info let me know.

Paul

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ooooo, Scott might have plans. It better be a baby or something!

OP
OP
piack

piack

Loc.
Sanford, Maine
Sounds like it might be decent weather Sunday!

Come on down to Sanford and let that Bronco run a little. Should be fun.

357Bronco...how's the little one? Any pics?

Paul

357Bronco

Loc.
New Hampsha
Our little girl is awesome, tiring, but awesome. Even with her coming early I thought I'd have the Bronco together, but my transmission isn't done yet. There's a small possibility I may have it Friday, which means it will be a busy Saturday. I'm still going, even without the weapon, racing is racing;D

357Bronco

Loc.
New Hampsha
Just got back from the track, looking forward to tomorrow. Who's going? I won't be representing the EB's, so someone else will have to.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I am trying to make it
My truck is apart right now. To tell you the truth it will be 50/50 if I will have it ready for tomorow

I will let you know later

OP
OP
piack

piack

Loc.
Sanford, Maine
I think I'll go over around 8:30 am. I got there way too early last time and froze to death. I'm sure the weather will be better this year though.

Mike you're racing right?

I hope my truck is ready...I mean heck, the engines got 150 miles on it now...what could happen?

Paul

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I'll be finishing up my D44 tomorrow and installing it next Sun so I'll have it in for BYOB. Have fun guys...take pictures and post them please.

357Bronco

Loc.
New Hampsha
I'm bumping this, so Paul can find it easy. Tell the tale, of how you won Paul, tell me an EB won again;D Good to see you and Mike, hope all went well after I left. Pics Pics.....

357Bronco

Loc.
New Hampsha
Paul's truck is running very well, I'd like to hear he won, that's the story that would be cool. I'm about to start making some phone calls, to see how the day went.

OP
OP
piack

piack

Loc.
Sanford, Maine
Hey guys,

Just missed a phone call from Don. My but couldn't get out of my recliner fast enough. Sorry Don.

No, I lost again this year. Not the trucks fault. I just need tree practice I guess.

My last run was my fastest: 6.460 @ 49.40 mph on a 6.45 dial in. Doesn't sound bad, but I still lost! Reaction time was .719 on that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nW2Nb0ad4Y

I got a video (thanks Mike) and Scott your friend from Conn. has some pics of mine she said.

Had fun!!

Paul

Last edited:

357Bronco

Loc.
New Hampsha
Awesome Paul. A 6.46, on a 6.45 is unbelievable, that's what wins races. You lost at the tree, which only means one thing, YOU NEED TO RACE MORE;D ;D ;D As far as reaction, .500 is perfect, anything in the .500's, and even .600's will win races. Who won?

Last edited:
OP
OP
piack

piack

Loc.
Sanford, Maine
Awesome Paul. I'm assuming you dailed 6.45, not 4.45? A 6.46, on a 6.45 is unbelievable, that's what wins races. You lost at the tree, which only means one thing, YOU NEED TO RACE MORE;D ;D ;D As far as reaction, .500 is perfect, anything in the .500's, and even .600's will win races. Who won?

Thanks Scott, fixed my posted dial in.

Had a good 4 races all in the mid 6's as vs. last yrs low 7's. Need tires pretty soon If I do this again. The BFG AT's aren't doing it anymore.

We left a few races after getting bumped out. Couldn't tell you who really won.

Good group of guys there, but what was this?

Paul

Attachments

• Ranger.jpg
    Ranger.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 10