• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stainless Steel Bronco?

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I've seen the wooden bronco but how about a stainless steel one.......

Jeep guys do it.....%)

I found this one hidden in a parking garage for a building that I was working in.
It also has a legal city and county of Honolulu plate on the stainless steel dash...

Attachments

• DSC05767.jpg
    DSC05767.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC05751.jpg
    DSC05751.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 170
  • DSC05750.jpg
    DSC05750.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC05762.jpg
    DSC05762.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC05760.jpg
    DSC05760.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC05759.jpg
    DSC05759.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 211

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have seen painted deloriens. They really do look better with paint on them.

But those doors, with a vertical body line through them. Someone was asleep during the styling session.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
You should see what Todd up in Maine has done

The front inner fenders, radiator support, windshield frame, rockers, and rear bumper all all stainless. I know he is working on a front bumper, and think there is more stainess in a few other places

Attachments

• Todd.jpg
    Todd.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 206
  • Todd2.jpg
    Todd2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 138

Quick & Dirty

It's not too hard to do a Jeep because it's all flat surfaces. Stainless is tough to bend into the curves of a Bronco.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Other than it being a HEEP, I like stainless steel themes in general.

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
maybe it would look something like this, but i think the cost would be way out there

Attachments

• april 09 009.jpg
    april 09 009.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 60
  • bmb 004.jpg
    bmb 004.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 124
  • bmb 003.jpg
    bmb 003.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 114
  • bmb 002.jpg
    bmb 002.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 106
  • bmb 001.jpg
    bmb 001.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 118

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Stainless fords......

Note: not my text (cut and pasted from multiple sources)

This is the 1936 Ford Coupe built for and owned by Allegheny Ludlum Steel.��
It was attending our open house and then was featured in a local parade with�
over 100 of our salaried, hourly and retired employees walking alongside.��
This is 1 of only 4 in existence and is the only one currently in running�and in roadworthy condition��
The car is in exceptional condition, with the interior and� even the frame looking great.��
All 4 cars each had over 200,000 miles on them before they removed them from service.��
These cars were built for Allegheny as promotional and marketing projects.��
The top salesmen each year were given the honor of being able to drive them for one year.�
The v-8 engine (max 85 hp) ran like a sewing machine and was surprisingly smooth and quite.�
FYI, the car was insured (we were told) for the trip to�Louisville�via covered trailer for 1.5 million dollars.�
We were also told that the dies were ruined by stamping the stainless car parts, making these the last of these cars ever produced.�
More information of the history on these and other Stainless Steel automobiles can be found at Allegheny Ludlum's website

The 1967 Lincoln Convertible was the last of the stainless steel cars produced by the Ford Motor Company and Allegheny Ludlum Steel.
Once again, the companies proved that stainless steel's enduring beauty is matched by its toughness.

As with all stainless steel there is no need for painting. The corrosion-resistant properties of the stainless eliminate the problems caused by rust.

Except for the vehicle's body, all other parts and equipment on the car are standard for the 1967 Lincoln Convertible. The vehicle's weight is just about equal to one with a standard steel body.

Three stainless Lincolns were built that year. Allegheny Ludlum Steel retains two and still uses them for customer visits and special events. A full set of Stainless automobiles (1936 Deluxe, T-Bird, and Continental) are on permanent display in the Crawford Auto Museum in Cleveland, Ohio.

Attachments

• stainlesscar1.jpg
    stainlesscar1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 24
  • threecars.jpg
    threecars.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 22
  • thunderbird.jpg
    thunderbird.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 28

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
I'm guessing it would be hellish to drive on a sunny afternoon... Can you say GLARE! Not to mention that a SS top is going to turn the inside into a solar oven.