• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos Quarter guards

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I managed to acquire 2 sets from the original run over the last year and have installed both sets. Just thought I would share. Been so much negative posts about them (I think the newer ones) that I thought I would show some good. I am very pleased with the fit, only problem I had was on the right rear of the green one but it was due to the quarter being tweaked from landing on a rock. We used the quarter guard with a 4x4 and BFH to get it lined back up. Cut them with a die grinder using a cut off wheel, took several wheels but wasn't that difficult.

Attachments

• DSC01930.jpg
    DSC01930.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 153
  • photo08.jpg
    photo08.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 135
  • photo04.jpg
    photo04.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 133
  • photo03.jpg
    photo03.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 149
  • photo02.jpg
    photo02.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC01920.jpg
    DSC01920.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC01921.jpg
    DSC01921.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC01927.jpg
    DSC01927.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 157
  • photo07.jpg
    photo07.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 122

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
That is a nice fit! They look great. I've read the thread with the negative comments about the second batch of guards. It would be nice to be able to reproduce these from the original molds.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Lookin good.. :) Luv my set. Saved me a few times this last trip to OCBR

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Oh what I wouldn't give for a first run set... I bought my Bronco around the time BC ran out of the first run guards. Yours look very good.

Mine are from the second run and the fit is OK at best. Not great but acceptable to me. They have saved my rear quarters more than once so in my mind they've paid for themselves.

The huge thread with all the ranting was from the third run I do believe. Those I'd have probably sent back for a refund - but in all fairness, forming thick steel to the contours of a sheet metal body is no easy chore and there isn't much on most EBs that fits "perfectly" anyway.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Very happy with mine. "Tested" them the first time out and a couple of times since.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Mine are from the second run and the fit is OK at best. Not great but acceptable to me. They have saved my rear quarters more than once so in my mind they've paid for themselves.

The huge thread with all the ranting was from the third run I do believe. Those I'd have probably sent back for a refund - but in all fairness, forming thick steel to the contours of a sheet metal body is no easy chore and there isn't much on most EBs that fits "perfectly" anyway.

Mine are from the last run I believe "3rd" and only issue I had was driver's side, slight gap from back to lens area.. passenger fit really well

OP
OP
JWMcCrary

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got the Bailie Built rear bumper on the green one yesterday. First time install of one of Gordon's bumpers. A lot of thought went into design and detail . I recommend to anybody looking for a new bumper. You have to cut the frame off 1.5 inches and drill 2 new holes on each side but its solid as a rock when done, sucked up to the body better. It's adjustable for body lift.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 65
  • bailiebuilt3.jpg
    bailiebuilt3.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 62

matt w

Bronco Guru
If I would havve had those in August it would have prevented THIS! It has beem my only body damage from the trails in 20 years of wheeling!%)

I think iff I idid it I just might rattle can them gray to match the other metal..Hmmmm ya got me thinking!:cool:

Attachments

• TRAIL DAMAGE 3.jpg
    TRAIL DAMAGE 3.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 40
  • TRAIL DAMAGE 2.jpg
    TRAIL DAMAGE 2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 31
  • TRAIL DAMAGE 1.jpg
    TRAIL DAMAGE 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 33