• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did anyone buy this EB?

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Spoke to the owner of this bronco http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3485322678.html this last Tuesday, and set up an appointment to check it out this morning at 11:30am. He sounded like a real goof and shady after a few other conversations before the appointment. He kept on telling me other people kept on offering low prices and where B.Sers. I told him I am very serious in finding a steel tub in good shape and will arrive with cash or a deposit. The frame and other parts would be parted out.
Well I called him once I left my house this morning to tell him I was on my way and would be there in 40 minutes. He told me "it wasn't a good time for him cause he is a bounty hunter as well %), and needed to catch someone around 12pm today. Besides, someone from Conneticut is coming down with a trailer and cash to check it out as well around 1:30pm". I thought to myself just great, this guy isn't even going to give me chance to look at it, let alone buy it. @#*&#!*#&*er
He called me back around 4pm today to say that the dude from Conneticut gave him $2600.00 instead of $2000.00 and took it home. JUST GREAT!!! I am not pissed at the buyer, just the goofy bastard PO.
Anyway, if someone on this forum is from Conneticut and bought this today, let me know if it was in descent shape or what issues it may have. Also I am looking for a decent steel tub. Thanks for letting me vent a little guys.

tampabronco

Similar situations happened to me also

Went through the same thing about 3 times before i found mine and it was exactly what i wanted. Keep looking. You will the one you want

OP
OP
74NJBronco

74NJBronco

Loc.
Livingston, NJ
Thanks for the response Tampa. I am blessed to have bought a 74 EB 3 years ago, to about this date. Been driving and working on it for last 2 years. This forumn has got me addicted to buying another one for parts. I blame all my fellow CB members.

I wanted this 69 for really just the steel tub, that and it was a half a hour away from home. And a good price. Always searching for the right donor. Thus, I will keep searching, seeking and finding.......and saving the $$$$$.