• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

long bed bronco?

ullr

Loc.
Ritzville
Has anyone ever made a long bed bronco? Kinda like a scrambler? As a half cab only longer, it would be cool to be able to but a four wheel pop up on one. if anyone has pics of something like this, please e-mail them to me ryanharrisalaska@yahoo.com Thanks---Ryan

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Haha, yeah yeah, but can you drive it with all those sticks on the floor....if I remember right you are an auto/ac/luxury liner kinda guy ;D

It does look pretty slick with that half cab top on it doesnt it? Priority 1 was to put a cage in, well, took 1 wheeling trip without it but no family. Maybe I'll make a top that will work with my cage since I cant seem to give them away.

The half cab top was so rusty and squeaky we took it off and left it along the trail, coming back for it at the end of the day...it was scaring the crap out of Shawn ;D

Attachments

• cruisin1.jpg
    cruisin1.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 373
  • cruisin2.jpg
    cruisin2.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 201
  • tsf13.jpg
    tsf13.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 333
  • ruts.jpg
    ruts.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 258
  • tsf18.jpg
    tsf18.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 199
OP
OP
ullr

ullr

Loc.
Ritzville
have any more pics? how long is your bed now? frame/build pics. I used to have a set of bolt on duals on my '71 flares, that w/ a longer bed could be cool truck...

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I have more but those are some from that point in its existence, it has undergone the knife a few times.

The bed is stretched 12" body and frame, I didnt do it but it doesnt look very hard after replacing a ton of sheetmetal on my wife's. You can always use the f100 panels to rebuild the rear with as they are the same, just longer. If you click in my signature you can see the build from beginning to now. I would love to be able to throw a camper in the back as I have 3 boys and would love to get back in the woods and camp in the camper at night.

Not sure if you know but there are Broncos out there with pop up tops on them, here is a pic of one I was trying to buy. They are small but cool.

I also attached a photoshop of a project I would like to do sometime soon.

Attachments

• stretched4door2.jpg
    stretched4door2.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 501
  • 77Camper061200D.jpg
    77Camper061200D.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 556
OP
OP
ullr

ullr

Loc.
Ritzville
I remember when that camper was for sale, on rockyroads???

I like the 4 door, I also remember a four door photoshop special but with door inserts, soft top? anyone still have that pic?

PolarrrBearrr

Loc.
P.R. of NJ
I have more but those are some from that point in its existence, it has undergone the knife a few times.

The bed is stretched 12" body and frame, I didnt do it but it doesnt look very hard after replacing a ton of sheetmetal on my wife's. You can always use the f100 panels to rebuild the rear with as they are the same, just longer. If you click in my signature you can see the build from beginning to now. I would love to be able to throw a camper in the back as I have 3 boys and would love to get back in the woods and camp in the camper at night.

Not sure if you know but there are Broncos out there with pop up tops on them, here is a pic of one I was trying to buy. They are small but cool.

I also attached a photoshop of a project I would like to do sometime soon.

Has anyone tried to just build one of the campers? I know everyone is looking for them used, but how difficult could it be to build one for the EB? Doesn't seem like it would be that difficult, I mean all the angles are square, unlike and FSB. Just curious.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Haha, yeah yeah, but can you drive it with all those sticks on the floor....if I remember right you are an auto/ac/luxury liner kinda guy ;D

You forgot the sissie steps, chushy quiet ride, & nice tunes!;D

Haha, yup...all I get is flowmaster bass and wind n tire treble!

It would be cool to build one, hopefully someone will be the first to do it and post up on the howtos!

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Just get the sawzall out and some new blades and wack it!!!!;D ;D

Attachments

• FSCN1302.JPG
    FSCN1302.JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 237
  • FSCN1270.JPG
    FSCN1270.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 165
  • FSCN1272.JPG
    FSCN1272.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 165

mudwisr2

Loc.
Memphis, TN
Im sure yall already saw it but Nov/Dec Bronco Driver has a four door custom on the cover with a few build steps in it.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you were going to do this, look for a bed to a '64(?) ford truck. Same body lines as the Bronco only longer. cutting off is easier then adding sheetmental.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
If you were going to do this, look for a bed to a '64(?) ford truck. Same body lines as the Bronco only longer. cutting off is easier then adding sheetmental.

x2............

Attachments

• 288946698_b175a7a440.jpg
    288946698_b175a7a440.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 59
  • broncotruck_184.jpg
    broncotruck_184.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 311
OP
OP
ullr

ullr

Loc.
Ritzville
1964 f100 eh? so I could cut the bronco in front of the wheel wells and add a chunk of the f100 bed? does it have the same floor and width? thanks---Ryan

OP
OP
ullr

ullr

Loc.
Ritzville
Or could I just use the whole bed? and make the half-cab bulkhead permanent.