• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Any pictures of full width lubers?

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
I'm about to start on the body and I'm thinking about going back to the uncut look. I've got full width axles with about a 7.5 lift in the rear and a tad bit more in the front. Any pictures would be great, any ideas on what tire size I could run. Thanks

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Nope, haven't seen one yet. The wheels will stick way out there. If you get some extreme off setting wheels to tuck the wheels closer to under the fenders you will still have the hubs on the front sticking way out there. Now you can narrow the FW axles down some.

OP
OP
swampu

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
Here are the only two pictures I could find. I think it would look kinda cool. Not sure about the hood but the blue/green one is awesome looking. They may not be full width but the tires are offset way out.
i-1_b_l_223.jpg

hspring27_178.jpg

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
I 'd be willing to bet those are stock axles with wide rims. Spacers can also push wheels out too.

Casey835

I think I agree with crawdad. Those look like mine and it has stock axles. I will try to find a pic.

Heres one

Attachments

• pics2 015.jpg
    pics2 015.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 199

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
i dont see it happening...besides whats the point?wider track for stability, but to keep the un cut look, you'll have to go taller probably depending on tire size. and if pushing the tire further inoff set wheels) after fw swap...why go through the trouble in the 1st place???

Krawlin5

I agree really wouldnt look right but its your Bronco personally I like a Lubr.

OP
OP
swampu

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
I think I agree with crawdad. Those look like mine and it has stock axles. I will try to find a pic.

Heres one
Casey, that is bad ass. Do the boggers rub the fender when they go up into the well or do they stop? If they stop than I would think I could do that with my full width rig.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
U can install bump stops anytime u don't want your tires hitting the fenders. I'm sure Casey hasn't installed any yet, so I'm sure his tires would hit. He's running a duff 4 link in rear

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Casey835

Im pretty positive mine would hit, rub, tear, and pretty much demolish rubber and metal. BUMP STOPS WILL BE ADDED till I get sick of it and cut it. I have not driven it yet, just cranked it this past sat for the first time. Swampu i think yours would look bad ass as well. Besides the hitting part you need to realize that you will also be slinging sand, rocks, and water regardless of what kind of tires you run with the tires sticking out from under the body.

OP
OP
swampu

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
I'm not worried about the slinging of anything. I very seldom drive it now, if I had a paint job and luber fenders I would drive it less. I don't have a top. I would like to paint it up like the blue/green in this post but every part is rusted or dented. If I do any body work it will be on a newer less mess up body so thus the luber idea.... I like the uncut look if your not offroading.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
It might work for photo shoots. You will be rubbing all the time on a trail rig. I had a truck with 33"s and A 5.5"'lift and tire clearance was minimal at ride height standing still. It got lowered and cut.