• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Parking brake

Maggi

Hi, guys,

So the front bolt flange broke on the parking brake housing ,toms is out of stock n replacements, what other year would work or just chance it a try and weld it back. It’s the wife daily drive and she is adiment about having her parking brake

Thank for any info

charlie6976

Loc.
Grand Coulee WA
weld it

but if you go to pick & pull ,with a tape measure, a lot if not most of the parking brake assemblies from Ford trucks fit Broncos. Look for same years. The firewall mount is the same and so is the distance from firewall to bottom of dash.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I beleive that there is a difference in later year broncos. Maybe just 77 but may include 76 and 75. There were at least two maybe three different parking brake pedal assemblies. The 66 is, i believe, unique to 66. Then 67 to maybe 76. And then Late 76 and 77. I know the 77 is different because the whole assembly and cables are different and this Created a geometry difference for the length of pull. Trucks will have a similar difference. I believe they all look alike but the gearing in them is different. It shoukdnt make a huge difference and you should be able to adjust the cables to compensate but as we know, Each bronco is different. Best bet is to repair the one you have and run with it

Hope this helps