• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

408 efi

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can use the Ford GT-40 Intake with the FAST Retrofit EZ-EFI. I have this set-up for a 351W.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
or this.......

Attachments

• IMG_8576.jpg
    IMG_8576.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
J

jagbucket

Just under 2k gets the edelbrock port injection system which i started another posting on looking for anyone running the new proflo 4 system or older 3 with reviews other than from edelbrock which is all i can find on the web. They have a traditional manifold type and a xt which is a log style might be more hood interference but interesting . Comes with manifold and distributor plus choice of injector size .

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...I will be running a EFI w351 with trickflow heads, trickflow upper and lower intake, etc... I plan on 35x12.5 tires with 3.5 wild horse suspension lift and either 1 inch or 2 inch body lift. Does anyone have suggestions on which BL I should go with? I need clearance for my w351 under the hood and enough clearance for my 35's.

Hey Rebel, didn't see your question before.
With a normal 351 and stuff, the 1" body lifts are fine. But with your TrickFlow stuff I just don't know. You might need the 2" just for hood clearance unless you're going to run a scoop or high hood.
You don't need more lift for the tires, just worry about the engine stuff.

Maybe TF can give you height specifications and you can compare them to a 351 with carb, or with 5.0 car intake (not truck stuff, which is super high).

...The largest diameter off the shelf headers is 1-5/8” primary tube from either Bronco Hut or BC Broncos. Both are good. But I believe Bronco Hut’s has a larger collector.

Did you talk to Bronco Hut about them? They sometimes stock, but will happily special order a set of their shorties in 1 3/4 tube size. At least I think it's that size, but might be a variation on that.
But it's a bigger tube than their standard one.

Worth a call to see if they still offer that.

Paul

AZ69EB

I called Bronco Hut and was told 1-5/8” primary tube. They do have a larger collector then BC’s. That’s what I remember. But, always worth double checking.

Joe473

I called Bronco Hut and was told 1-5/8” primary tube. They do have a larger collector then BC’s. That’s what I remember. But, always worth double checking.
Double Check the connection to the collector as compared to the BC/wildhorses style collector. I like the BC style better. If you use the ball style BH provide it reduces the size and flow from what remember. I also thought BC could get 1 3/4" primaries as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
1 5/8" primary was all that was offered from Bronco Hut and BC when I called. Collector size difference was all but I cut the collector off on the drivers side off for pinion yoke clearance so they are larger now.

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Guess that larger tube setup didn't last long then. Maybe it was a bother with bolt clearance, or maybe the volume just wasn't there and so they stopped offering it even as a special order.
Oh well...

Paul