• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2019 NORRA Mexican 1000

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
NORRA has released the dates for next year's race in April/May 2019. There will also be a NORRA 500 in October next year. It's pretty cool seeing the 500 make a comeback.

So who's in besides me? I'm sure Baja Bronco and Todd Z are.

Roll call!

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Dates
4151a0d8090b6106e52f56c794d30fa3.jpg
8885c884c4bfcc311d27ccc56e557188.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yes, we plan to be there.

Landshark99 (Chris) is as well, I believe.

Of special note this year is the addition of the Expedition Class - no cages, harnesses, etc. required. You run the course the day before everyone else so it's not all chewed up. Might cut out certain sections so you can start at 9 am and be at your hotel by 4 pm (approx.).

Limited to 25 teams.

Details still being ironed out but could be a fun one for Bronco folks that have always wanted to do something like this and a) want to ease into it or b) don't want to perform expensive rig mods but still want to experience some of what is awesome about Baja.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Yes, we plan to be there.

Landshark99 (Chris) is as well, I believe.

Of special note this year is the addition of the Expedition Class - no cages, harnesses, etc. required. You run the course the day before everyone else so it's not all chewed up. Might cut out certain sections so you can start at 9 am and be at your hotel by 4 pm (approx.).

Limited to 25 teams.

Details still being ironed out but could be a fun one for Bronco folks that have always wanted to do something like this and a) want to ease into it or b) don't want to perform expensive rig mods but still want to experience some of what is awesome about Baja.

Todd Z.

That's cool. I hadn't got wind of that class yet. It will be interesting to see the cars that run it.

I knew Chris was building his Pioneer Bronco entry, just forgot his screen name, thanks.

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
norra

I'd like to say I am in but work keeps getting in the way. We'll see how it goes. Mark

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Alright Mark...well, there's still room in our class...I can still swing my arms around in here anyway.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Bukin67 - now #66 (will Hatch be mad?) with a '66 Bronco in the Pioneer Class.....do tell!!

Good to see markw and Jeff10 signed up as co-dogs.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Bukin67 - now #66 (will Hatch be mad?) with a '66 Bronco in the Pioneer Class.....do tell!!

Good to see markw and Jeff10 signed up as co-dogs.

Todd Z.

Yes! We're stoked as a team to be together again after we clicked together so well last year. Our class is shaping up to be an epic lineup of some awesome Broncos.

Much much more to come on this exciting '66 build as it comes together.

Every number we were considering had been used in previous years by another team. Even my #49 was used one year before I had it. In '13 i believe. So #66 in our '66 it is!

Viva Baja!
Rápido

pbwcr

Chris Wilson and Glen Straghtiff are skipping SCORE and will do the NORRA in the race Bronco

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Everyone,

I've held off posting knowing this likely become a major distraction to me once I make my first post. Randy's enthusiasm is contagious!!!!

I'm looking forward to being part of the team again this year. I really appreciate Mark and Randy asking me to be involved.

After switching classes, I just hope Todd and Andrew will still share a meal with us somewhere along the course. :)

Take Care,

Jeff

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Of course will share our meal (leftovers) whenever you get in! (Don't wake me).

I am of course kidding!!

How long are your shocks?

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Andrew, looking forward to seeing everyone next year after sitting out this year.
We will be running a 1966 Bronco. I am the owner/builder. Everything is being done here in my shop in Chico. Built, not Bought as they say. Team name is Gaucho Mark Racing, LLC.
Team Captain/Driver is Rapido Ludwig. Build is coming along nicely but we're not ready to post anything up yet. Questions can be directed to El Capitan Rapido! Mark

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Wow, seems like a few folks on here are heading to this event. This is something I would love to attend. I'm a photographer and this would be such a cool event to document. If any of the teams wanna have a photographer into broncos hanging around documenting let me know! Strongly going to consider making it to this. Is there somewhere that makes it fairly easy for a newbie to understand the course, places to stay etc.?

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Green, hope you can find a way to participate. Because it's point to point there aren't a lot of opportunities to get out on the course for photography unless you have a pass from NORRA and can hitch a ride. That being said, much of the experience is at the overnights where everyone socializes and wrenches. Finding lodging seems to be a little harder each year as this thing gets bigger and more popular. No lodging at all at BOLA, plan on camping there. Put the word out and see if someone will adopt you. That's what I did a few years ago and now I'm building a race car! Good luck and stay visible on here. Mark

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So rad Mark! Can't wait for this year. It will be so much fun. I was joking about shock length, just giving my 20. We have a fair amount of work to do to get ready and I'm having to move shops right about now, so that puts a GorillaJackhammer (slightly bigger than a monkeywrench) in our plans for prep. BUt we will make it happen and flat-tow down as usual OLYs on ice.. Til we done. THen, redcans....

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Andrew we are so looking forward to this! It was odd not being there this year, I really missed it. I think 2019 will be a blast with all the EBs (Early Burros) in a couple of classes. What surprised me was how big this has gotten. Finding rooms has been a chore even this early in the game. We signed up early enough to get a single room in BOLA which we may all have to pack into if the winds do what they do there, otherwise pup tent and sleeping bag on the porch. Moving your shop? Holy Cow Batman! That's some work. My daughter and SIL just moved to a little town outside Petaluma so we plan to be over that way to visit occasionally. Hope to meet up with you and see your new shop sometime.

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
So rad Mark! Can't wait for this year. It will be so much fun. I was joking about shock length, just giving my 20. We have a fair amount of work to do to get ready and I'm having to move shops right about now, so that puts a GorillaJackhammer (slightly bigger than a monkeywrench) in our plans for prep. BUt we will make it happen and flat-tow down as usual OLYs on ice.. Til we done. THen, redcans....

Wow you've got a lot going on! Will your shop still be in the same area or are you moving as well?
I guess I never paid attention that you didn't have a trailer with you. You are with a doubt "in the true spirit of NORRA".

Mark is a beast! While running his business full time, he's been working tirelessly, non-stop on the GMR Bronco. Complete frame off 'race resto' on this '66 beauty. It's not hard to realize his love for these machines is truly stellar, as this '66 build is back to back (and even overlapping some) following a complete resto on one he built for his wife, including the paint, which really turned out to be a showpiece. Hopefully he will find a Sunday morning or nice evening to share some pics on here.
Myself and another team member are flying up to Mark's shop in late October to wire GMR, so the plan is to have everything ready to that point.
Shocks - we've got stock mounting points to stay within the rules of course! 👍😁

La Buena Vida!
Rápido

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Isn't she a thing of beauty?
Gaucho Mark's Racing build is nearing completion and "Gaucho" Mark (markw) did what few could accomplish, building a beautiful, worthy racer in a short time while working full time.
We'll be in the desert testing in a couple of weeks shaking her down to chase out any gremlins lurking. Then it's NORRA here we come!
25668e6c2384f08b1b2e29d0c6b392af.jpg
2d29fedac894540a316f22495d6bf2df.jpg
84a641214baaf4630fbd6d56f6ce2031.jpg

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk