• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Low Cost Seat Options?

JT58

Loc.
Naples
What are good low cost seat options (New)? The original seats were too badly rusted to salvage them, unfortunately. But rust and more rust I am going back to Tom's Bronco parts for more body panels than planned. It is not leaving me for much for seats- and I need seats just to get me by so I can at least move it around, back and forth to storage for when I can work on it.

I was looking very closely at Jeep seats. There are quite a few options- low and high fixed back. Has anyone gone this route and how did they fit/work? Pricing is very reasonable. I can always upgrade to better seats from TBP perhaps next year.

I also have the original seat sliders I can bolt/weld to the aftermarket seats.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Junk yard seats are going to be the cheapest. Anything you can make sit low like on the floor is best! I have a set of 2001 ford escape seats in mine but it took some cutting and welding on lower frame work to get them to set low enough.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
If you insist on new and low cost there are some Chinese counterfeit copies of good aftermarket seats on the market.
DO NOT expect them to pass safety tests, so if your personal safety and the safety of any passengers is an acceptable trade-off they will work.

Junkyard seats are OEM and pass safety standards unless damaged badly.

jedblake

Loc.
Boulder City, NV
Late 80's full size bronco seats here. They are very close to original size too. Should be available at your local pic-a-part.

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I used XJ Cherokee sport seats my buddy gave me. It required some re-engineering to the mounting brackets, but that's par for the course for going with anything that's not stock. ;)

KeithKinPhx

I got Saddle Brown leather seats out of a 2011 mustang. Look really good with the Peacock Blue body color.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Scion and Miata seats are supposed to be very low and very easy to modify.

Also saw a guy use older Probe seats. Looked good, felt good.

Junk yard seats will be the easiest way to get high quality and safe seats if you go to the aftermarket you'll find to attain the same quality as OEM you will spend a lot of money. The aftermarket does have seats better than OEM but you'll pay even more for those. See your best option is to hit the junkyard for good quality OEM seats that'll fit and keep you sitting low enough to still see out the windshield.

powers4680

I went with 08 wrangler seats front and back got them out of a junk yard. I used www.car-parts.com to locate great web site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
I used Craigslist, got 2 BMW E46 (3series) seats, power with heat for $200. Lseats.com has new leather for $300. Will be mocking them in the next month or two.

OP
OP
J

JT58

Loc.
Naples
Thanks, junk yard seems the way to go. I had 3 Miatas in the past and I am active on the Miata forum so I will reach out there as well.

I do have the option to buy two brand new racing seats from a guy at work for $200- they sit very low and have the slots for the racing seat belts (which I have). I was thinking they would sit too low but maybe not?

I can't seem to post pictures on this site- it asks for inserting an image from a URL??

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Don't forget to comfort part. A long day of wheeling in uncomfortable seats is not fun. Racing seats have never been very comfortable to me. Comfortable is in the butt/back of the driver.

80 something Berreta in mine and very comfortable. Some day I need to update the mounting.....

EB70

In my experience, I don't see how a person could sit too low almost. I have a long torso and swapped some Subaru seats in I believe about 5-years ago.With a hard top on, I literally can't see stop lights etc. I thought I mounted them low enough.

My current build I installed Neon seats. They went in pretty easily. Look ok and are really simple. I make my own mounts, but compared the the 15 other seats I have swapped over the years, they were pretty easy to mount.

Cooter_76

I have Corbeau Baja SS seats in mine. They're positioned nice and low, giving great visibility through the windshield (I'm 6'2", 190#.) The side bolsters are pretty high, though, and the seat back comes up to the base of my head. Planning to replace these with something with a taller back in the near future.

40078127610_5c448d4b46_z.jpg

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I have Corbeau Baja SS seats in mine. They're positioned nice and low, giving great visibility through the windshield (I'm 6'2", 190#.) The side bolsters are pretty high, though, and the seat back comes up to the base of my head. Planning to replace these with something with a taller back in the near future.

40078127610_5c448d4b46_z.jpg

Check out WH ProCar Rally 2000's.
They practically mount flat to the floor.
Hard to imagine any mounting any lower.

I am 6'5" 245# and they fit me well.

Cooter_76

Check out WH ProCar Rally 2000's.
They practically mount flat to the floor.
Hard to imagine any mounting any lower.

I am 6'5" 245# and they fit me well.

Good to know. I've been eyeing the Procar Elites with their smaller side bolsters (and lower cost.)

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
classic city off road offers free shipping on corbeau seats...

Cortez

Bronco Guru
I picked up front and rear seats from a 2016 Jeep Wrangler 2 door. Perfect fit. Paid 750 for all, including shipping. I’m now having them customized but if you want cheap that’s not bad for a matching set.