• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Low Cost Seat Options?

OP
OP
J

JT58

Loc.
Naples
I have been looking at used seats but prices seem very high and/or the condition of the seats is very poor.

No one has bought those Jeep seats available on the internet? They have the low back and high back fixed available at a really good price with free shipping.

Are the seat bottoms just too high for the Bronco?

OP
OP
J

JT58

Loc.
Naples
I got a chance to buy some 66 factory Mustang seats (black) in decent condition at a decent price. They will eventually need new covers but will work for the time being at least to have some seats in it. Good option?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I went with laser/eclipse seats. They sit low, recline and the driver seat has adjustable lumbar. $30at the boneyard. Bolted the sliders right down in the bronco.

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I went with laser/eclipse seats. They sit low, recline and the driver seat has adjustable lumbar. $30at the boneyard. Bolted the sliders right down in the bronco.

Steve, do you remember the year?

kens bronco

Loc.
Virginia Beach Va.
I'm using the Jegs race car seats. Cheap, comfortable, if you rip a cover, for 30.00 your good to go with a new cover. This is when they are really nice,just pull the covers off.

<
19989436_10213747369617825_8274715949342670015_n.jpg

Last edited:

Broncobuc

I used Craigslist, got 2 BMW E46 (3series) seats, power with heat for $200. Lseats.com has new leather for $300. Will be mocking them in the next month or two.
How well do the E46 seats fit? I found some i like but i was wondering how the hight would work. Do yo have any pics?

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
Driver's side BMW e46 seat is installed, love the fit and look. Now to feeling the seat and make a cover plate for the exposed side of the seat. If I did it over again, I think I would have looked for the convertible seat with the integrated seatbelt.

Attachments

• IMG_20191004_150516078.jpg
    IMG_20191004_150516078.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20191004_151121158.jpg
    IMG_20191004_151121158.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 65

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Driver's side BMW e46 seat is installed, love the fit and look. Now to feeling the seat and make a cover plate for the exposed side of the seat. If I did it over again, I think I would have looked for the convertible seat with the integrated seatbelt.

I picked up a pair of e39 seats and I'm having trouble figuring out how to mark the bolt holes in the Bronco to drill them out. I tried on a piece of cardboard, but I don't think that's accurate enough. I also got electric seats so they'll be able to move back on the track so should I put the track as far front as I can or maybe back an inch or 2?

Remos69

Contributor
Loc.
SW Florida
I am 6'1" annd my wife is 5'1". On the driver's side I placed the tracks to the front of the floor and it works for both of us. The seat is a bit offset to the steering wheel so it will not hit the floor shifter, but apparently only noticeable to me. It also allows easier access to the rear being this far forward as the seat has a lot of travel length. The real test is if my 6'5" son-in-law fits (not that he'll be driving it.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am 6'1" annd my wife is 5'1". On the driver's side I placed the tracks to the front of the floor and it works for both of us. The seat is a bit offset to the steering wheel so it will not hit the floor shifter, but apparently only noticeable to me. It also allows easier access to the rear being this far forward as the seat has a lot of travel length. The real test is if my 6'5" son-in-law fits (not that he'll be driving it.

Thank you sir!