• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New steering column

onpier55

Loc.
Roseville Ca
I will be purchasing a new steering column. Chrome or black? I saw someone comment about the chrome one causing a glare on the windshield. Thanks for any comments. Pic is for attention. Haha

Attachments

• AF89A385-66B7-4E80-95C8-939701DB6DFB.jpg
    AF89A385-66B7-4E80-95C8-939701DB6DFB.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 93

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My vote is for black...not much a chrome guy. Plus black goes with everything, especially blue.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I went black, not a chrome guy..

97006073f19d6ac465aeb1bd45d68c1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Black here too. Actually purchased it bare steel and painted it myself-Rustoleum satin black.

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2008.jpg
    IMG_2008.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 69

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Thanks. Fatboy, what seats are those. They look comfortable.

Thanks.

Karl

Karl,

Those are older Procar seats. Wild Horses sells them for sure. They have pretty nice mounting brackets as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisC74

I will be purchasing a new steering column. Chrome or black? I saw someone comment about the chrome one causing a glare on the windshield. Thanks for any comments. Pic is for attention. Haha
I have chrome or stainless and yes the glare is bad...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
onpier55

onpier55

Loc.
Roseville Ca
I have chrome or stainless and yes the glare is bad...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks. This is why I asked. I am glad I asked. I think the chrome would look cool. But not shining in your face. This is a great place for help. Thanks again everyone.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Black here too. Actually purchased it bare steel and painted it myself-Rustoleum satin black.

Is that one of the Ididit Direct-Fit (I think that's what they're called) columns?

Todd Z.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Is that one of the Ididit Direct-Fit (I think that's what they're called) columns?

Todd Z.

Yes it is. I originally planned on going the same route as fatboy, (Jegs column, I believe) but I got lazy and bought this one instead. Hardest part of the install was changing over the awful plug from the centech harness:p

chuckyb

Contributor
Chrome anything in the dash area of any vehicle is bothersome. I don’t like the glare. I am using POR-15 w/ black satin top coat on mine.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think from a purely show-parts standpoint, the chrome reflecting the bright blue would be a great looking combo. Until you actually had to drive it...
From a driving standpoint, I completely agree with the others. Say no to glare...

In fact, that Blue is so bright too, I would avoid the temptation to paint it body color. That is a great thing with the right color, but in my opinion would be way too much blue for a steering column.
Anything in the silver-gray-dark gray category would look good too, but hard to go wrong with satin black.

Paul