• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Some of the earlier articles said the new Bronco was going to be a 4-door only so all of this speculation is BS.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
The Auto tranny's are mostly about meeting emissions requirements now. There is no reason on any planet for a 10 speed transmission other than reducing rpm swings. The engines are so good they are fine toothing the remaining components now to eek out the last few mpg's.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I love the old arm chair engineer rationing as to why things are the way they are. The multi speed transmissions are answering a lot of requirements as well as allowing them to utilize and keep newer small displacement motors in their power band to accomplish a lot more. It also is about emissions, economy etc. and is necessary. Think back to the 70's when emissions came out and killed the power well into the 80's then they discovered EFI and fine tuning on many levels rather than an idle adjustment, metering rods etc. and now with these infinite adjustments that can be made at any RPM motors today are producing far more horsepower than those of decades past as well as doing it with much better economy. Just look at the 3.5 V6 Ecoboost with a 10 speed behind it and it has more power and torque than my 02 7.3 does. Its not a bad thing what they are doing, it is progress and with what they are making gasoline engines do today thanks to direct injection and economy, I would bet we have not seen the last of 10 speeds or more in the transmissions and I believe we may see many more than that like the reintroduction of a 2 speed rear end in 3/4 ton and heavier trucks.

Last edited:

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I believe we may see many more than that like the reintroduction of a 2 speed rear end in 3/4 ton and heavier trucks.

how bout automatic 2 speed rears?? that's the only way it'd work. And as much as they jack up the rear of these trucks, there's plenty room for it.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
My Spidey sense tells me, and I hope it is spot on, that Ford is about to do mortal combat with Heep. The signs are there: 1. It’s all about SUVs. 2. They have good SUVs but not the Heep equivalent right now. 3. They had a Heep killer, but dropped it when everyone wanted a luxoSUV so they mistakenly made the Bronco bigger and lost the Heep-killer part. 4. They have dropped all sedans in favor of SUV-type vehicles, but there is a missing end-member of the SUV line-up that is in their heritage (Bronco, original style) and directly competes with a current popular SUV end-member player (the Heep). 5. The execs may be as sick and tired as the rest of us are at seeing Heeps at every street corner.
Now that we have more specifics on the Ranger, Road and Track needs to go back to the drawing board and see how elements and style cues of the Ranger can be put under that tarp of a couple of months ago and squared up to an early Bronco theme.

71sport408

Loc.
Mandan
I wasn’t tremendously excited but now I am. Well, not tremendously but I can’t wait to see what they unveil. I do hope it is worthy of taking a look at. Recently I have been contemplating a 1996 to add to the collection for some odd reason but If the 2020 isn’t going to be blasphemy I may be in. Anyway I can’t wait to see more updates on this post either way.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I still cannot see Ford ignoring the current popularity & pricing of used 40+ year old Early Broncos. FSBs, B2s, Escapes, Exploders, & everything else are not anywhere in the ballpark. As owners of the brand, why would Ford not want to ride that wave & build a modern Bronco that is true to its very popular EB roots?

What a wasted opportunity it would be if they miss the mark.

Last edited:

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
The auto trans with 8 or 10 speeds won’t last

I bet half of em won’t make 100k

And what’s the repair rebuild replace cost ?

I’m quite confident that the company that built the 6.0 craptastic diesel is not capable of building a 9 speed auto trans that will last

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I still cannot see Ford ignoring the current popularity & pricing of used 40+ year old Early Broncos. FSBs, B2s, Escapes, Exploders, & everything else are not anywhere in the ballpark. As owners of the brand, why would Ford not want to ride that wave & build a modern Bronco that is true to its very popular EB roots?

What a wasted opportunity it would be if they miss the mark.

Ford or any other company doesn’t sell used vehicles
And doesn’t care about your vehicle past the warranty expiration

All they care about is how much profit they can make on the initial sale and will it run until the day after the warranty expires

Look at the sales numbers
When ford switched from the EB to the FSB in 78 the sales went Thru the roof ,
And when they made the FSB into a 4 door and called it the expedition
The sales and profit went to the moon
Ford was selling the expeditions for $16k more than it cost them to manufacture it

At one point They were making more profit on the expeditions than on all their other vehicle sales combined

Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then

Ford has made as many stupid mistakes than successes

Remember when they were just weeks away from changing the mustang into a 4 cylinder front wheel drive car ?

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Just built one that cost 40K, seems like an steep amount for a mid size truck.

Then you haven't been shopping around for a while.
That's the going rate across the board for a "well-equipped" truck today.
I don't even believe I'd call anything out there 'mid-size' anymore either.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Then you haven't been shopping around for a while.
That's the going rate across the board for a "well-equipped" truck today.
I don't even believe I'd call anything out there 'mid-size' anymore either.

Nah I haven't looked in a while. Not since 2013 when I bought my Raptor. Don't plan on looking again till the Bronco comes out. The wife will need a new ride by then.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
"I’m quite confident that the company that built the 6.0 craptastic diesel is not capable of building a 9 speed auto trans that will last"[QUOT

Ford didn't make the 6.0, International/ Navistar did.

asappin

I have faith in Ford to do it right with the Bronco. I don’t think they would build this much anticipation just to let the general masses down. Not everyone thinks like EB enthusiasts but Ford has the smarts to know what it takes to compete with a Jeep. They didn’t build this much anticipation when they came out with the Raptor and we can all agree the Raptor is an off-road performance truck.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Another New Bronco fanpic

If it i even close to this it will be acceptable i do believe
attachment.php

Attachments

• 14233766-CF1E-4529-9BBE-5BFF0E765DF0.jpg
    14233766-CF1E-4529-9BBE-5BFF0E765DF0.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 541